Author Topic: Just Found Op2 Discs Want To Play Again  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Simpsonboy77

Just Found Op2 Discs Want To Play Again
« on: February 11, 2009, 09:26:50 AM »
I posted in the master thread, making this one so i can respond to people without worrying about spamming. I already pm'd Hooman about modding.

----copied from the master thread----

name: Garrett
favorite games: outpost 2, starcraft ,diablo 2, the sims 1.

I was cleaning out my computer room when I found my outpost 1 and 2 discs and most of the manuals. I fired them up and found out that multiplayer no longer worked sad.gif. I typed ["outpost 2" multiplayer] into google and hit I'm feeling lucky. This site popped up so I joined. I remember this game was awesome back in the day and I'm glad some other people still play. I haven't played this in ages so I probably suck, so bear with me.

About me: I'm currently at a college in my state (I'll tell in a game but not in public) majoring in electrical engineering and minoring in computer science. If anyone else knows how to mod or wants to start shoot me a pm. I just turned 19 on February first w00t. I know C/C++, VB, and Java. If anyone can give me a few pointers (hehe pun) on how to start modding and adding to the game I'm really interested so please shoot me a PM.

Is there a place where I could see all the statistics like range, damage, colonist growth rates at different morale levels?
My tutorials
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 09:34:37 AM »
Howdy.
Check out the programming forum for modding info.
For game stats, check out sheets.vol (you'll need VOL Extractor and Sheets Reader, both of which are... somewhere...)

Edit:
Get Sheets Reader here and VOL Extractor here.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:37:14 AM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Simpsonboy77

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 11:37:26 AM »
Awesome thanks, I found the programming forum but I couldn't find anything really in depth on the wiki.
My tutorials
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »
That's because the wiki is like a garbage heap: you might find something useful, but most of the time you're up to your neck in crap.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 02:12:23 PM »
Sirbomber, remember that not everyone seems to be able to use VOL Extractor, so a link to the .rar with the sheets is also a good idea.

http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.php?showtopic=4322
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Simpsonboy77

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 02:41:40 PM »
I was able able to run them both, but thanks Hidiot.
My tutorials
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3