Author Topic: Source Files  (Read 35421 times)

Offline WooJoo

Source Files
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2009, 11:23:47 AM »
for my maschine setup i got a athlon xp 3200+ which got only 2.2 ghz and 2gb ram with an windows xp pro sp3 os running gcard is a nvidia 6200 with 256 mb of ram i think. for me 30 to 20 fps are a fair stat since most stuff runs by 15 fps for me even on low options ^^

as for the angle system cant you make it look like a horrizon like you watch at a ball there would be a sky map shown so it would look like the view of an satelite?

i hope you understand my idea on that^^

Offline Vide

Source Files
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2009, 12:50:27 PM »
You mention in the post that you have Vehicle combat, I boot up the game all I see is land, is there suppose to be units or only just land for the moment?

Offline Vide

Source Files
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2009, 12:58:48 PM »
for my maschine setup i got a athlon xp 3200+ which got only 2.2 ghz and 2gb ram with an windows xp pro sp3 os running gcard is a nvidia 6200 with 256 mb of ram i think. for me 30 to 20 fps are a fair stat since most stuff runs by 15 fps for me even on low options ^^

as for the angle system cant you make it look like a horrizon like you watch at a ball there would be a sky map shown so it would look like the view of an satelite?

My computer is  Intel Pentium 4 1.7Ghz bus 99.7Mhz.
DDR 768 ram, Dram Frequency 132.9Mhz.
Video 128 5500 Geforce.

I get about 40-50 FPS while playing on the map and from main menu. I don't see how you get such lower FPS.

Offline WooJoo

Source Files
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2009, 01:05:48 PM »
simple answer i got skill

Offline Sirbomber

Source Files
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2009, 01:43:20 PM »
Lower FPS = skill?

Lower FPS = your computer sucks.

LOL N00B
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 01:43:45 PM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline WooJoo

Source Files
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »
Lower FPS = skill/your computer sucks.

well ... i dont know what it says but it does say it

Offline Celledor

• http://www.veus.se
Source Files
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2009, 03:05:33 AM »

Not sure I understand, there is a problem with having both the fog that you can see now and a skymap as the fog hides the sky but I will play around with this.

You mention in the post that you have Vehicle combat, I boot up the game all I see is land, is there suppose to be units or only just land for the moment?
The alpha version I worked on before had a prototype of combat but it will be recoded now that I'm working on the beta. The alpha was just a test to play around with.

In the nex release I will start to add objects to the map that are loaded from the map file.

Offline Spikerocks101

Source Files
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2009, 02:23:29 PM »
My computer got 750fps as I said, heres what I have:
6600q (2.4ghz Quad-Core)
4gb ram (800 clock)
9800gt+ (its really good)
2 Raid 7200 hard drives

I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2009, 07:14:12 AM »
New release 0.33

The landscape has had a small remake and there is path finding in it!
Just left click anywhere on the map and it will try to find the path from the camera rotation point to where you clicked. Hold down shift to rotate the camera, I will fix the landscape beyond the map area later... As the path is drawn as a with line it might be a bit slover because of this but it is just for show and will not be in the actual game (no need for it).

If you don't download the AI files the game will generate this for you the first time you load a map and this can take some time so just wait for it (will add a loading screen later). The AI files should be placed in the foler ..\Maps\AI\

Still working on the map object loading
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 07:14:51 AM by Celledor »

Offline Spikerocks101

Source Files
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2009, 10:16:10 PM »
It was about 1 minute to make the AI files. Frams are the same, but I kinda found the mouse to semi-unresponsive, and showing the cursor is not really needed. Overall, keep up the good work (how much do we pay you again?).
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2009, 01:04:55 AM »
In the final release the AI files are included in the game, this is just to reduce download size as they are quite big (think there is over 65000 pathfinding nodes to store info about for a 256x256 map)... will look over the camera code to see if I can see anything. The cursor will be replaced with the cursors from op2 at some point.... 100$ an hour?

Offline Spikerocks101

Source Files
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2009, 02:51:30 PM »
Carry the 1, and... we are in dept for everything we owe  you :(
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2009, 04:04:41 PM »
The structure loading process is almost complete so I will probably release a new version this weekend or next week. The pathfinding will work great to find path between buildnings.

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2009, 11:38:43 AM »
New release 0.34

Now you will see some structures and units loaded... you can't interact with them yet. The shadow system from the alpha version is in but I will hopefully be able to replace it as its very slow, it can by switch off in the main menu.

The pahfinding has been optimized to only return the start, end and corner nodes in path, greatly reducing the number of nodes needed to be kept in memory for each path.

Offline WooJoo

Source Files
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2009, 02:15:25 PM »
^^ full screen 9 fps xD

but at window 39 fps REALY nice landscape almost to good to be true ^^

Offline Spikerocks101

Source Files
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2009, 03:59:25 PM »
Cools. Only glitch I seen was the shadows go threw hills if you put a hill between you and the object getting a shadow (thou its not important)
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline pbhead

Source Files
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2009, 11:34:04 PM »
as... uncomplete... as this is... it is still lightyears beyond... alot of of projects on this site. Great job!

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2009, 01:29:13 AM »
^^ full screen 9 fps xD

but at window 39 fps REALY nice landscape almost to good to be true ^^
Yeah, I guess thats with shadows on or... if so, what do you get with shadows off.

I will look into multithread if that can help me get some more speed rendering the objects and landscape. Perhpas implement some kind of LOD (Level Of Detail) for the structures and units and not just on the landscape.

Cools. Only glitch I seen was the shadows go threw hills if you put a hill between you and the object getting a shadow (thou its not important)
That is a known problem, not sure why though...

as... uncomplete... as this is... it is still lightyears beyond... alot of of projects on this site. Great job!
Hehe, its getting there one step at the time.

Offline WooJoo

Source Files
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2009, 01:51:10 PM »
well i looked for the shadows on/off option but couldnt find it
also at 9 fps the screen doesnt reply to movement of the mouse and keyboard so the cam angle keeps being the same ^^

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2009, 01:11:22 AM »
It should be in the main menu under preferences... strange, did you hold down the shift key while movning to mouse to pan? (A S D W to move camera).

Offline fire team zu

Source Files
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2009, 08:05:57 AM »
hay try useing the sage Engine (Generals Zero Hour)
The diffrence between a good game and a Bad game is Windows Vista
Start The Protest

No
More
GFWL
Who Ever Invented It Should Die
The Differance between a good game and a bad game is windows vista

IM GONNA BAN YOU SO HARD YOULL BE STUCK IN OUTPOST 2    (fave saying to noob people in source games)

Offline Spikerocks101

Source Files
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2009, 05:50:31 AM »
Because the sage engine costs. And how does Windows Vista effect the quality of a game?
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Sirbomber

Source Files
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2009, 03:09:30 PM »
hay try useing the sage Engine (Generals Zero Hour)
The diffrence between a good game and a Bad game is Windows Vista
Seriously, shut up.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Celledor

Source Files
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2010, 11:17:08 AM »
Okey so thing didn't work out the way I wanted... way to many things to do on the same time. So here is all the source that I have right now, if anyone want, be my guest to keep coding but only if you do so under opensource.

This code and any based on it should be open and avaliable for anyone to use.

http://www.veus.se/Outpost3D/Outpost%203D%20Beta.zip

If I get more time in the future I will get back into this project but as of now I won't be able to work on it for an unknown time.

I still belieave that it is posible and hopw my code will help others.

I will ask any question about the project and code as often as I can.

Offline Sirbomber

Source Files
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2010, 12:32:56 PM »
You have failed.  Your colony is ON U[size=0] [/size]R NE[size=0] [/size]ES SO[size=0] [/size]LGR.