Author Topic: If You're Having Trouble Installing  (Read 5681 times)

Offline Sirbomber

If You're Having Trouble Installing
« on: January 08, 2009, 10:19:21 AM »
ATTENTION: Everyone having trouble installing Outpost 1.5, please follow these simple steps:
1) Delete Outpost 1 for it is garbage.
2) Download and install Outpost 2.

No, but seriously, perhaps we should make some sort of "troubleshooting" topic so that people will stop asking these same questions over and over?  Of course, then the OP1 forum would get a lot less activity...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 11:56:47 AM »
1) Delete Outpost 1 for it is garbage.

TBH this post is junk. You forgot that this is OPU forums, not OP2 forums.
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 01:22:06 PM »
TBH this post is junk. You forgot that this is OPU forums, not OP2 forums.
No, but seriously, ...

It looks like someone should take the time to read the entire post first?

Besides, OP1 is garbage: it was never completed and is missing key features that are vital to gameplay.  I could go on and on about why OP1 is a waste of time in its current state, but I'll save that for another post.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Savant 231-A

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 04:06:22 PM »
No, but seriously, ...

Besides, OP1 is garbage...
Did I read that right?

I think that OP1 deserves the same amount of attention as OP2 no matter that OP1 was really gibberish and other stuff you claim. If it wasn't OP1, you wouldn't be playing your "fantastic" OP2 because the developers couldn't learn from their mistakes.

Have a nice day :)
"Come here citizen."

Offline Spikerocks101

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 06:52:20 PM »
ZING!
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Kalshion

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 09:17:19 PM »
The fact I still PLAY Op1 means that, in my eyes, it's not garbage at all. I found the game very enjoyable, which is why I still play it (on my laptop anyway, want to put it on my desktop but.. err..)

Either way, this is an OPU forum, to say that OP 1 is garbage is pretty much ruining the aspect of what this forum is for!

This topic:  (thumbsdown)  

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 11:52:47 PM »
Hmm, how to reply...

I could point out that you're all morons who can't take a joke, but hopefully that's blindingly obvious to everyone else here.  I could make fun of you, which fits the "Big Bad Bomber" role that has become expected of me.  I might point out that while you whine about how OP1 deserves respect, of the 4 people who have posted in this thread I'm the only one who has suggested we do anything helpful (in this case, try to write a guide to help people install the game).  Or I could just ignore you because your opinions don't matter to me, but that's more Freeza-CII's thing, and I don't want him to use his chainsaw on me.  Lastly, I could forget about the whole thing, ensuring that nobody ever gets any help installing OP1 because nobody really knows how to answer their questions, or the people that do aren't around, or whatever.

I'll sleep on it and make my decision in the morning.  But if you're really the OP1 enthusiasts you say you are, you better hope I don't go with option 5.  Toodles!

Offline Kalshion

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 01:07:00 AM »
Sirbomber, your post didn't sound the least bit like a joke.. at least until I re-read it and noticed your last sentence, which I ignored when I read your post initially.

Sorry about being a jackass in my post, a screw up on my end for not fully reading your post.

Offline Savant 231-A

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 04:14:55 AM »
I could point out that you're all morons who can't take a joke
Jokes go here.

of the 4 people who have posted in this thread I'm the only one who has suggested we do anything helpful (in this case, try to write a guide to help people install the game)

You told us to throw the game in the garbage can. That isn't anything helpful

Lastly, I could forget about the whole thing, ensuring that nobody ever gets any help installing OP1

We have 1017 registered members. And guess what, some are actually more smarter than you, and will gladly help anyone if they have time, or remember to take a peek on this forums, (because some people have real life) instead of posting junk post in which we have to throw OP1 in the garbage can. And, oh, don't try to get in the "you can't take a joke", "you are all noobs", "you think op1 is cool", speak. Practicaly stfu, and let this thread sink down to the bottom of most active threads today.

"Come here citizen."

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 09:26:31 AM »
some are actually more smarter than you
Evidently, you are not among those on that list.

Despite the crap I've gotten (no good deed goes unpunished, eh?) I think I'll still try to write some sort of guide to help people install OP1, because I actually do have OP1 installed and I play it on occasion, despite its faults.  Now, you can either help me with the guide or shut up.

Offline Savant 231-A

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 05:06:01 PM »
some are actually more smarter than you
Evidently, you are not among those on that list.

Despite the crap I've gotten (no good deed goes unpunished, eh?) I think I'll still try to write some sort of guide to help people install OP1, because I actually do have OP1 installed and I play it on occasion, despite its faults.  Now, you can either help me with the guide or shut up.
You know, we can bicker ourselves to death right now... but I think I'm going to be smarter and leave. :)
"Come here citizen."

Offline Spikerocks101

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 09:56:07 PM »
WTH??? SIRBOMBER WAS RIGHT?!?

a change to everything, i think Savant didn't read the last line of Sirbombers first post, and no sirbomber, you said 4 people on that thread are saying they play op1, well, lets count:
Savant: in his stupidness, is now going to be insaulted for acting smug becuase he didn't read everything Sirbomber said, and was trying to insault him for not read it all (but means good)
Kalshion: Same boat as Savant, he should have under stood the first joke (Sirbomber is never going to make a person laugh but instead make them cry)
Sirbomber: He wants OP1 guide - of course
Spikerocks101: Said "Zing", not much of an arguement >_>

But seriously thou (why so serious?), I think for the hords of peoplewho want to play a past 15 year old game, they should at least be able to by the bloody year 2009!?! But yes, a guide would be nice, thou ZigZagZoe is bragging about his little creation he made some where but i can't find it right now. OP1 was good, but as sirbombers punnishment for human kind (i ment joke), the should be stronger support on op2, and less on op1 (thou for newbies who come the site, not having a guide to install i guess would be enough to make them either play op2, or quit all togeather). AND, it should be clear that OP1 storyline is not OP2's, SWEET!
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 04:31:45 PM »
lol, I love bomber's humor and throw it right back at him whenever my brain is working that way.

I played OP1, but I didn't care for the game style of it.  If I'm going to be playing a turn-based strategy game, there better be some fighting to keep me amused!
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names