Author Topic: Irc Help  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Spikerocks101

Irc Help
« on: November 21, 2008, 09:36:43 PM »
Well, I'm banned from the IRC, I think, but not sure why? Conection error? Server down? I didn't see any body else having this problem, but yeah. I can get into the Lobby and the Coding channel, but not the main channel.  :(  
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Irc Help
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 03:17:55 AM »
If you are banned from a certain channel (this goes for ANY IRC chat server by the way), you will see a ban-message in your screen.
If you can still connect successfully, and enter other chatrooms, you are not k-lined (banned from the server).
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Spikerocks101

Irc Help
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 10:22:58 AM »
Yeah, i can see other channels but the regular one is missing. I not sure wht happend, i wasnt banned, unless some one just doesn't like me :(
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Hidiot

Irc Help
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 12:25:16 PM »
Tried using /j #Outpost2?

(Just thought of a simple possibility not clearly mentioned yet)
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Spikerocks101

Irc Help
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 11:15:47 AM »
still don't work :( i can only see coding and lobby, but no ones ever there :(
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Irc Help
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 01:13:55 PM »
I did see you get banned actually, just after quitting some day. Some admin read up on some of the things you said just before quitting and decided to set the ban. I don't know any details about it though, such as duration.

Maybe a good idea to re-read the rules on what sort of thing is allowed on IRC and the forums.

Offline Spikerocks101

Irc Help
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 07:04:26 PM »
Huh? What did i say? I wasn't even talking on the "Outpost2" chat room. I was using the "Outpost2.lobby" chat room talking with Savent.... Seriously thou, i would atleast like to know what i did.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline Sirbomber

Irc Help
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »
Uhhh... I think Hooman was talking about awhile back, not within the past week.  I do seem to recall you saying some stuff.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Irc Help
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 10:32:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure it was in the last few days, and it was definately in the main chat room. I think it had something to do with racist sounding comments, or foul language in general.

Offline Spikerocks101

Irc Help
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 10:33:41 PM »
but i was on (when i said i was using the lobby, i ment that i was MAINLY using the lobby) main channel recently, with month, then boom, got banned for no reason, or a reason no one said. i got banned before? i said what? i never would say anything against irc rules
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!