Author Topic: Multitek2 Colony Games  (Read 16358 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Colony Games
« on: September 17, 2008, 01:56:01 PM »
Download here.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline vennom

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 02:08:52 PM »
finally something for me =D!

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 06:36:06 PM »
finally something for me =D!
Yep!  Also, please report any bugs here.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline vennom

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 08:16:30 PM »
its working well now ^^ but i think u should change a few things o.O (like make bulldozer/earthworker being enabled at same time even coz bulldozer isnt "that important" depending on map)

the restant seems to be ok ^^ i made a fortress lol o.o" then i noticed i was alone in the map... not even blight went visit me

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 12:51:48 PM »
It's too simple and... boring :/

It's not fun when the only dynamic thing you can do is learn a tech-tree.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 03:35:52 PM »
It's too simple and... boring :/

It's not fun when the only dynamic thing you can do is learn a tech-tree.
Well, it is called Multitek2. You know, Colony Games aren't really the focus right now.  The focus is multiplayer games.  But I figured, this way people will at least be able to learn the new game.  Much better than jumping in blind.

Edit: But if you ask really nicely, I might postpone development of multiplayer stuff and make a quick skirmish map against an AI.  Of course, that will mean no new multiplayer stuff until the Colony Games are done.

Your choice, Hidiot.  Colony Games that quickly grow boring and lack replay value, or new multiplayer content?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:38:02 PM by Sirbomber »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 08:54:50 PM »
I've generally been more fond of colony games actually.  :unsure:

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 05:53:44 AM »
We seriously lack the people to play multi player at all here.

Especially in my completely opposite times compared to American times. Means I'm only really able to play when it's either night or pretty early morning in the states, which is where most of the people who can and want to play come from.

And I spotted one or two text mistakes in descriptions, but I lost them due to short attention span at the moment...

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 07:35:27 AM »
We seriously lack the people to play multi player at all here.
Indeed.  Perhaps we should do something about that?  But that's for another topic.
Fine, I'll make some more single-player stuff... For now.

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 11:00:56 AM »
Here's a nice little error I got while experimenting with multitek2, on the colony mission I adapted slightly for my own use to make a bit less monotonous (just randomized starting faction, color and added some disasters).

But during the game, I managed to somehow change a dozer into a super-dozer. Not only does it have this much Hit-points, but it also had max speed. I'm not sure if it's something game-related, my changes related or MT2 related, but I'm posting it here since the big part of the map was MT2.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 07:32:50 AM by Hidiot »

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 03:27:17 PM »
Fsss, it got set to a non-existent armor level (probably 6 or 7).  MT2 doesn't change the Dozer's armor level... What were you researching at the time?  It could be another overflow error.  Or maybe you messed something up.  Hopefully, this is the case as it means less work for me.

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 04:45:40 AM »
I was researching starship components at the time... Can't remember if it was the Orbital Package or Habitat Ring :/

The unit turned that way while being selected, btw.

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 07:00:16 AM »
So I'm guessing something else caused this and you just didn't notice.  No starship techs upgrade any units.

That, or you modded something you shouldn't have.  Did you change the techtree at all?

Edit: Oh, and can somebody do something about that picture? It's huge!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 07:01:12 AM by Sirbomber »

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 07:33:30 AM »
I didn't change the tech-tree.

And I made a small version of the image.

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 01:00:17 PM »
Anything new I should know about this bug?
Maybe you should upload your colony game so I can play it and see what's going on.

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 05:25:19 AM »
It happened again (though I forgot to save it) whilst I was testing some things with attempted NPC target practice armies.

Seems that it happens when a storm with the power to knock almost any building and unit down in one blow passes very close to a unit (maybe even hits it somehow?).

I'd give you the map for your personal testing (and annoyance...), but I want to fix a few things I'm not getting, like why does each army (I made a plym and a eden army on opposite sides of the big hill/mountain type thing) only get some 40-50 units created when I made a check to see if each has less than 400 and why, oh why don't they stick to the MAP_RECTS I give them? They seem to take great delight in ignoring y1 (the superior edge line)

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 07:36:40 AM »
Are they going over the world "wrapping" line?
And yeah, if something gets its armor set to 6, its effects only become apparent when it gets damaged.

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 07:44:36 AM »
Wasn't 6 the adamantium type?

The unit that got its hitpoints uberized this time was a Thorshammer lynx, with medium armor.

Well, here's the coordinates for each armies box:

First: (475,152)->(511,166)
Second: (451,96)->(485,105)

Adding +31 and -1 to xs and ys creates differing effects.

And by ignoring y1, I mean the first army has units that go over 152 and the 2nd army has units that go over 96.
I consider the notation: MAP_RECT(x1,y1,x2,y2).

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 09:39:02 AM »
On world maps, don't factor in the x+31.  I think you still do y-1, though.
And normal armor values go from 0 to 5.  Anything higher results in weirdness.
Does it only happen to one vehicle, or all vehicles of a certain type?  Try just shooting random units with Rail Guns/RPGs to see what happens.

If this only effects one individual vehicle and not a vehicle type, I don't know what's going on.

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 11:06:14 AM »
It first happened to an isolated Robo-Dozer and then it happened to a Thorshammer lynx that was around other vechicles.

I don't think that solves the problem of vehicles ignoring the y1 coordinate (y of the top-left tile).

For easy reference, I use GroupName.SetRect(MAP_RECT(475,152-1,512,166-1));
and issue DoGuardRect() after.

EDIT:
Seems like the DoGuardRect() was the culprit. I just hope they'll gather to retailate if they get attacked now.

Now I'm just bugged by the only 32 vechicles that get created in each army...

EDIT 2:
And there it goes again!
This time I saw it better. I took some units to avoid losing them to a storm that was passing (probably another storm with the power to take a CC out) and they were some distance away from it when the sotrm fires and they get their speeds set to 0 and hitpoints to some 27000 something
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 02:45:38 AM by Hidiot »

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 05:31:49 AM »
EDIT 2:
And there it goes again!
This time I saw it better. I took some units to avoid losing them to a storm that was passing (probably another storm with the power to take a CC out) and they were some distance away from it when the sotrm fires and they get their speeds set to 0 and hitpoints to some 27000 something
Actually, i like this one xD
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 06:40:10 AM »
Wait... Only getting hit by an electrical storm causes this...?
What's your code for spawning storms?

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 07:06:02 AM »
TethysGame::SetLightning(TethysGame::GetRand(512)+31,TethysGame::GetRand(256)-1, TethysGame::GetRand(10000), TethysGame::GetRand(512)+31, TethysGame::GetRand(256)-1)

Offline Sirbomber

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »
TethysGame::SetLightning(TethysGame::GetRand(512)+31,TethysGame::GetRand(256)-1, TethysGame::GetRand(10000), TethysGame::GetRand(512)+31, TethysGame::GetRand(256)-1)

Offline Hidiot

Multitek2 Colony Games
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 08:33:28 AM »
static void __fastcall SetLightning(int tileX, int tileY, int duration, int, int);

Taken from the TethysGame header.

I was thinking that line was the duration, that lead to the speed at which the storm traveled.

You mean to say that you can set the sotrm's power?