Author Topic: Easyer Way To Make Color Mods?  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Hidiot

Easyer Way To Make Color Mods?
« on: May 05, 2008, 12:57:49 PM »
Well, since I formated my computer, Code:Blocks doesn't work for me anymore and I don't know how to re-set it up, so I ask...

Does anyone have a something (like a map) that lets you test all 7 colors at once?
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 04:55:42 PM »
You can download the current version at: http://www.codeblocks.org/

They're up to version 8.02 now, and the package for the SDK, setup nearly 3 years ago, was only 1.0, RC 2 (Release Candidate 2). Probably time to upgrade.

They seemed to have fixed a few things I mentioned, but it's also somewhat slower loading up now. Just can't win.  :(

As for the map thing, I don't know of any such maps.

Edit: Heh, just noticed their version number scheme change. The 8.02 means 2008, february. Guess that explains why it doesn't seem all that much different from the other version. Definately some work done on some of the menu options though.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 05:00:39 PM by Hooman »

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 12:26:08 AM »
Use the guide at http://wiki.outpost2.net/Compiler_Setup (just substitute a current version of CodeBlocks for the version listed there. Some of the menus probably look different though).

Hopefully that helps.

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 01:33:31 PM »
Well... all's well except a certain fatal error that appears on codes that worked prior to format...

File: LINK

Any ideas on how to get over it?

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 05:09:53 PM »
Probably the wrong project type.

For a DLL, you need a "DllMain", for a Win32 graphical app,  you need a "WinMain", and for a console app, you need a "main". If the project is setup as the wrong type, it will look for the wrong entry point.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 05:35:10 PM »
It would help if somebody gave him the SDK?
Of course, last time I checked it was thrown in some junk heap on the wiki, so good luck finding it.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 02:09:05 AM »
Hmm, I installed everything according to that very same wiki page (linked by BlackBox above) and I did notice how I can't start a project using those mission code templates as another thing... Maybe I'll try installing the SDK again, although I'm sure I already did that...

And after I manually started a project using the op2dll-hooville.cbp and tried compiling again, the following error came:

File: LINK
Message: fatal error 1181: cannot open input file '.objs\Main.obj'
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 02:24:49 AM by Hidiot »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 05:53:14 PM »
Hmm, you chose compile and not just link, right?

When you compile Main.cpp, it should create Main.obj, and the default output directory I've seen for CodeBlocks was .objs\. So it would seem that Main.cpp isn't being compiled, or that it's output is being put in the wrong place.

Maybe a different CodeBlocks version? I think they might have changed the default output location in the most recent version. I'm pretty sure they don't use any "." in the folder name anymore.

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 06:29:50 AM »
Ok, so it's been working for a while now, but with a slight catch... I can't start a new OP2 map project :/ No OP2 templates will show up upon starting a new project.

Placed the template files in the C::B folder where they should go.

Well, I forced a couple of new projects, by copying an already existing one and overwriting the cpp file.

Whilst trying to make a unit reference of my own for easier color moding, I've found a few peculiar things:

On the Eden map, The Starflare GP uses the Thor's Hammer skin and literally moves exactly like the Thor's hammer GP right next to it does, following its directions.

On the Plym map, the exact same thing happens, but with the adjunct Stickyfoam GP.
But the Supernova GP uses the EMP lynx turret skin and follows that turret's direction at all time too. The all can be selected and function like they should.

I used map[weapon] to make sure it works and it didn't work.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 01:34:57 PM by Hidiot »

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 02:47:19 PM »
I usually just copied an existing project folder, renamed it, and went from there. I had a mostly blank template sitting around. Mind you, I used MSVC, not CodeBlocks.

Not sure what you're problem is about. Maybe post the code, or even a picture with the code?

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 03:04:48 PM »
Sure, I'll upload both the compiled dlls and the .cpp files. Will include the map, just in case. It uses multitek ,so no problems about the tech tree.

Will mention I'm using the unit limit patched exe, just in case.

Note: They're horribly unformated, as I only needed the stuff to see how it looks with color.

EDIT: Ok, so after working with it more I noticed something: On the plymouth map, the what-should-be-supernova-GP changes its skin to the turret skin of the leftmost in-screen starting lynx. Just the turret, no body whatsoever. If you destroy all units, it will take the skin of the leftmost GP. Building a lynx, will make the supernova turret take the new lynx turret skin.

Like I said before, when it takes a skin, it them spins around exactly as the turret source.

Will upload the end product for those who wish to try it.
It is in no way original... some colors may look like what others have done... but hey, I liked them and wanted to make my own :P
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:04:23 AM by Hidiot »