Author Topic: Deciding To Do Things And Doing Them  (Read 7220 times)

Offline Quantum

Deciding To Do Things And Doing Them
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 06:06:59 PM »
I am pretty sure I am but there is a difference between starting a project and coming into a community that has already become degenerated

To Hooman

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:08:30 PM by Quantum »
This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 06:08:23 AM »
Hooman... Ai coding... nightmares... The horror!

If you want to make a good AI that can progress through researches in a sane way, you either need to put a lot of checks or do a more streamlined thing to reduce checks... but the streamlined thing (which I prefer) either doesn't work, or I couldn't get what was wrong with it in... 1 month?

Of course... basic AI that just builds without any restrictions, but which never looses people or food and doesn't need to research anything is not entirely hard... but is very repetitive and static :|
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 09:37:16 AM »
the best way to have a AI is to make it cheat.

Offline Hidiot

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
I think it would be best for someone to make a good code for AI stuff and then make templates out of it... That's what I was going to try... until I lost motivation for it.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Quantum

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 08:43:26 PM »
It would be unfair for the newbie for an A.I. to cheat without the personsa knowing
This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.

Offline Sirbomber

« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 02:14:48 PM by Leviathan »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials