Author Topic: Op2 Macro  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Op2 Macro
« on: January 26, 2008, 08:46:21 PM »
I have a interesting idea.  Most people will find it to be s***ty as it would allow most people to win if done correctly.

I have been playing EVE with macro pretty nice little things.  I was thinking of making one for op2 and putzing around with it.  just to see if its possible to use a macro to play op2 online.  

Thoughts, Comments, Death threats?

Offline Leviathan

Op2 Macro
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 06:27:00 AM »
I looked at this once when I was doing some software to auto launch OP2 and navigate the menus. I never made anything tho and it wouldnt be to auto play the game just to auto build stuff and I never looked at mouse placement.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Op2 Macro
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »
I've thought about this in terms of DLLs. Since we know how to issue player commands, we could potentially script a few. Mind you, that's easier said then done. Also, with some of those plugin ideas for injecting DLLs into Outpost 2, the idea could be made to work for any level, and not just hardcoded into a specific one. Hence this idea may be worthy of death threats.  :P

Actually, some of my plugin AI ideas were very close to this, in that they allowed players to enter their commands normally, and if they hadn't entered a command that cycle, the computer could fill in a command on it's own. So basically if the project had ever gotten anywhere, it'd be like an AI colony that would also accept player commands. The idea was mostly to build a generic AI, but since that seemed like an overly ambitious project, I thought I'd allow for the human commands to supplement missing parts of the AI for testing purposes. It took a fair bit of work to allow both sources of command input without them competing and unexpectedly overwriting each other, but it did work. It was also multiplayer capable. This was a little bit beyond a simple macro though.

... probably a good thing I don't play multiplayer.  ;)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Op2 Macro
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 12:02:30 AM »
well I could make a macro that could beat paco or levi on ETD if the lag was good and if i get the right side.  it would just beable to build and move so much faster then them meaning they would die.  How ever it is not a god it can only do one thing. attack if you started to attack it wouldnt beable to defend it would just keep doing what ever into oblivion.  but poteintially it would be alot faster then any human.

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 Macro
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 06:18:15 PM »
I hope, for your sake, that Arklon doesn't see this, Freeza...

I don't think we want OP2 to play itself though.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hidiot

Op2 Macro
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 03:51:22 AM »
If you'd make something like an AI it would be nice... Just make it so regular players can't use it for their own benefit.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Op2 Macro
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 01:18:24 AM »
well any one can make a macro its not that hard but getting it to beable to kill multipul people would be damn near impossible.

And it wouldnt be a AI.  Its just a recording of what you did that is played back that interacts with the game.  If you mean a computer that isnt going to have a human behind it when it plays well that would be hard to set up its the making it dynamic so it can attack or defend.

Let arklon see this give him some thing to do hehe.