Author Topic: Help Need A Compiler  (Read 1996 times)

Offline DarekStar

Help Need A Compiler
« on: January 31, 2008, 11:53:42 PM »
i need a compiler to modafy some things to run op2extra and repairai

but my computer dosnt whana find 1 and google has failed me for the last time.

so if someone can be kind enough to give me a link plz do.

let me be clearer i need a C++ compiler and google keeps turning up none found
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 07:51:11 PM by DarekStar »
-Darek

Caution this user refuses to spell check or even try and spell corectly unless posting a story.

so bare with him

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Help Need A Compiler
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 08:45:09 PM »
I know you can download the MSVC compiler from Microsoft, but I don't have the link. I heard it was just the compiler though, and not the full IDE. I believe there was instructions set up around here for using CodeBlocks for an IDE along with the MSVC compiler from Microsoft. But, I don't have the link to that either.

At least now you'll know what to search for.  :P

Edit: Found the link.
http://wiki.outpostuniverse.net/Compiler_Setup

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 08:54:07 PM by Hooman »

Offline DarekStar

Help Need A Compiler
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:17:40 PM »
Thank you hooman i now owe you a favor as custome amongst my family.
-Darek

Caution this user refuses to spell check or even try and spell corectly unless posting a story.

so bare with him

Offline Empedocles

• http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
Help Need A Compiler
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 09:11:16 AM »
So, I have MSVC 6. I'm pretty sure it's the full version, but it comes with zero help installed(meaning I have to add all the help files in as extensions). My problem is that it doesn't open dlls. How can I get it to do this?

Alternatively, should I just set up the Compiler?

Thanks for the help.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Help Need A Compiler
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 06:18:49 PM »
The help with MSVC 6 is external. I have some seperate help program with the complete Windows SDK docs with it.

As for OP2, you don't open DLLs with MSVC, you compile them. It's gonna be pretty useless if you try to open them. I suppose there is a built in debugger, but this isn't what you want, and even if it was, you'd be better off using something designed for reverse engineering, rather than something meant for debugging something you have the source code for.

Anyways, there was an OP2 SDK download around here somewhere. It was mostly just a matter of unzipping the package, and copying and editing from one of the template projects. That way all the compiler options are setup correctly in the existing project file, and all the .h and .lib files you need will be there.

You can also set a post build step that will copy the new DLL to the Outpost 2 folder, and set the debug executable to run to Outpost2.exe, so pressing (Ctrl+)F5 will start the game for you.

Edit: I believe this is what you're looking for: http://www.outpostuniverse.net/files/coding/op2_dllsdk.zip

There's a slightly different SDK if you're using Code Blocks instead of MSVC. I think it was mostly some updated path names. Ask Blackbox if you want to know for sure.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 06:26:13 PM by Hooman »