Author Topic: Rebuilding The Wiki  (Read 40591 times)

Offline Spikerocks101

Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2009, 11:07:09 PM »
sorry for not doing much last 3-4 days, i will restart tomorrow, hopefullt get the complete tech tree done.
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2009, 01:21:49 PM »
if the page I worked on is gone, it's gone.  No way in hell am I going to try to track down all the old OP2 clan pages again
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Leviathan

Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2009, 02:05:03 PM »
The old wiki is still there CK9.

wiki.outpostuniverse.net/Old_Clan_List

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2009, 03:16:21 PM »
hehe, I'll let others decide if it's worth putting on the rebuild
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline AmIMeYet

Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2009, 04:06:27 PM »
I'll look in to it later.
I'll put it on a todo list, to atleast give a good look at it.

Definately not the highest priority though! :P

I haven't really worked a lot on the wiki either, and I'm currently reading through the whole story's again. Great writing, those stories, I've been reading all day, and I just can't stop B)  

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2010, 05:28:16 AM »
Please please please, put this content on the wiki. It will do well for the community.

List of needed content:
-mapper files.
-greenworld files with instructions to install.
-codeblocks files with instructions to install.
-every colony game that is posted in the forums with credits and links to download in the forums.
-every new multiplayer map that can be patched, with credits and links to download
in the forums.

All of the above is files that need to be put on the wiki. It will make downloading needed files alot easier than just searching the forums.
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Mez

Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2010, 05:48:26 AM »
-every colony game that is posted in the forums with credits and links to download in the forums.
-every new multiplayer map that can be patched, with credits and links to download in the forums
Tested maps get released in subsequent versions of the op2 package from the download link.

Before then it is up to the map maker to publicise the maps on the forum.
Perhaps when we get the wiki working you can link to the file forums/ links in the file forums containing the user made content?

Greenworld was on the old wiki,  As were mapper instructions (no idea how upto date they were).

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2010, 02:07:18 PM »
the green world and mapper on the wiki were infact the only working ones and were up to date. I bet my cookies even Th300 uses that mapper.
What we need noow is for a site administrator to link the wiki and mapper download on the home page to make it easier. This is not asking alot, simply copy and paste links onto the home page. I hope Hooman puts a download of the mapper on the front page instead of a link to a forum thread filled with irrelevent trash that nobody needs for downloading the mapper.

Hvaing dead links on the main site is not a good thing.
I am not trying to sound demanding or anything. Im simply reminding everyone of my concern with more detail.

So please fix the mapper link on the homepage, it can't be that hard.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Sirbomber

Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2010, 12:20:21 AM »
Hehehehe... I find it hilarious that Lord of Pain, of all people, is complaining about "trashy" posts when that's the only type of post he's capable of writing (assuming "trashy" means "spammy").

Regardless:  The old wiki is a titanic piece of garbage.  I don't see why you want it back so badly.  You want a link to OP2Mapper.  What does the wiki have to do with that?  We can put that anywhere.  You want a link to the latest version of Greenworld?  The wiki never had that.  It had an old version.  Mcshay's site (now down, to my knowledge) had that.

PS: How many times do I have to get this link for you?  The irony is, of course, that you'll never find it because you've spammed the topic with "irrelevent trash" (sic).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 12:29:44 AM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2010, 09:09:24 AM »
Your clearly avoiding my point. My point is we need a link for the mapper, not in the forums, but in the main page/home page where it used to be. Or it could be put in the new wiki along with the greenworld.

so please stop placing links in the wrong section of this website, it only confuses people who are not as experianced as you.

So please, think of others befor you want to remove somthing.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2010, 09:23:00 AM »
lop, just download the file you need and let the site admins deal with link placement.  You've been given the link to the mapper, if you need it use it.  Most people who want to use it will find it very fast using a simple forum search, which they should know how to do if they've spent any time using the internet at all.
CK9 in outpost

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2010, 12:49:39 AM »
Before this carries on any further, I should point out the link on the website was fixed days ago.

There is a direct download from the files section, rather than a link to a dead wiki article.

Edit: I should also point out that fixing the wiki is turning out to be a pain in the butt, and is perhaps not likely to happen. Instead, if you want a resource available, it can be placed on the website, which I've been suggesting for a while now.

Which btw, reminds me that the website is in the SVN. If the link bothered you so much, you could have fixed it yourself and then posted there was an update to be pushed to the site.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:52:41 AM by Hooman »

Offline Hidiot

Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2010, 05:06:51 AM »
tisk, tisk, tisk Hooman. Such expectations (Not that it's bad to have high expectations).
Not even I would attempt to modify those files without ample knowledge of what I was doing. And I don't believe I would know what to do if I were to try. And if it involves some learning, it's more comfortable to ask someone who supposedly already knows than to learn.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Rebuilding The Wiki
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2010, 01:46:35 AM »
The files are just in the SVN. Any updates would have to be manually pushed to the site (i.e., I would download the updates from the SVN locally, check them over to make sure they make sense and are correct, and then I would manually upload them to the site). The SVN tracks revision authors and dates, and lets you easily undo changes and revert to a previous revision. So, go ahead and hack away, even if you don't really know what your doing. It's just a bunch of HTML files really. Besides, no one else will even see it unless you commit the changes, so you can always at least try stuff locally and see how it goes. If you don't like the changes, or they failed horribly, you can just delete your local copy, and nobody will ever know.