Author Topic: Plymouth Cold War  (Read 1884 times)

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Plymouth Cold War
« on: November 27, 2007, 06:42:12 PM »
Since I lack the time to work on this mission anymore (and lots of people seem to have troubles with it), I am releasing it as is.

It contains a CodeBlocks project, so having CodeBlocks is helpful (but not required) to make it work.

Included also is code necessary to build an import library for odasl.dll (the OP2 skinning library). This is used for the "mission briefing" screen, in order to turn game skinning back on (it gets disabled when the game loads).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 06:43:38 PM by BlackBox »

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Plymouth Cold War
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 03:07:53 PM »
Be aware that getting it to compile the mission briefing resource is a b**** (it requires Resource Compiler, which comes with the MSVC++ Platform SDK, which is separate from the Toolkit and is much larger). You might have to remove the OP2Script.rc file from the project if you can't get it working.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Plymouth Cold War
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 09:21:41 AM »
Your mileage will vary with the briefing. I believe when I compiled it, I took the resource compiler from MS Visual C++ 6. The files that I needed were:

rc.exe
rcdll.dll
cvtres.exe
A series of headers (.h and .rh files.. you'll have to look at the .rc file to figure out where to start)

You may find it easier to use a standalone resource editor (one that would work is Resource Hacker, search for it on google) and produce a .res file directly. I believe you can link that directly (you might need cvtres.exe though to convert it from a resource to an object file. I think the linker will invoke that for you, you just have to have it in your PATH).

The other option, would be to compile the DLL without the .rc file (remove it from the project) and then use a resource editor to add the .res file into the DLL later (actually add new resources to the DLL). Assuming you didn't remove any of the code that displays the briefing dialog, that is.

If the resources are missing, the code should just skip over the mission briefing part and nothing will show up (the game will start directly like most "normal" colony games).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 09:23:02 AM by BlackBox »