Author Topic: Op2 "engrish"  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 "engrish"
« on: November 14, 2007, 06:09:30 PM »
A few of us got bored and translated parts of the Outpost 2 story into several languages and then back to English using an online translator (I used Google) and here are the results:

Original Text:
"Operations thinks it's in the Garage, the Garage thinks it's part of the starship salvage convoy, the truck that's actually in the convoy was rotated out of ore hauling, and when you bring this truck back it will replace it.  As long as you beat the convoy back, there won't be a problem, but I can't hide it forever.  Same with that junker in the bed.  Since the mine colony scandal, there are much closer tabs kept on recycled items and total output."

New Text: (English > Portuguese > English > Chinese > English > Japanese > English)
"Actions considered to be a garage, I think the garage, but this group of starship salvage trains and tracks, the train will actually run out of control. Ore transport and the truck have been replaced by when. Beat the train to back, there is no problem, that I can not hide forever. Despite juncker on the bed. Mine colonial because of a scandal, the more items to closely monitor the continuous regeneration of the total production."

Original Text:
"He has high-energy weapons, Lasers of some kind, I think.  He was hardly forthcoming with technical details, though he was all too happy to blast a hole through a piece of hull-metal as a demonstration.  There may already be fixed installations on the new security posts, and he's working on adapting them to a turret on one of the mobile units.  Maybe he has them operational already.  I wouldn't put it past Nguyen to feed us misinformation."

New Text: (English > Japanese > English)
"He is a high-energy weapons, some kind of laser, I think. This was the most technical details, but he will not be too happy to blast a hole through a sheet of metal hull as a demonstration. Already there is a possibility of a fixed installation, the new security posts, and he is working to adapt to a single mobile phone unit turret. Perhaps he was already running. Nguyen is not intended to put it past us to feed misinformation."

Original Text:
Brook stood in the tran-station outside the Medical Center, amazed at the number of people gathered there, waiting for the second coming of Axen Moon.  Small pots of flowers lined the entry-way, many sporting handwritten notes.  Papers were plastered over the bulkhead - signs, letters, and children's paintings wishing Axen well.  A group of people stood watching the safety lock expectantly and talking quietly among themselves.

New Text: (English > Russian > English > Korean > English > German > French > English)
Brooke medical center reproduction was in the station to admire the number of people waiting for the coming of Sandy aksyon statement. A small cup of flowers lined week, a handwritten note in many sports. Most of my work, marking, letters and children's drawings and a good improvement aksyon. A group of people was observed, and hoped to block speaks silencing them.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Op2 "engrish"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 08:38:55 PM »
Original Text:
Emma stared at the huge brownish fountain that towered into the sky in front of them, more a plume than a cloud in the thin air. It looked different from the pictures she'd seen in the geology database, but those pictures had been taken in Earth's thick atmosphere. "It's not a bomb, Wu, it's a volcano."
New Text: (English > Italian > English > Korean > English > Japanese > English)
Emma Brown, Christ the huge fountain tower to empty the future, they added in a thin feathery clouds into the air. It is different and he is seen in the image database geography, photographed atmosphere of the planet's thick. "Whether or not a bomb, Wu, volcanic," he said.
Gasp! Emma is Christ! And she wants to empty the future. Using the huge fountain tower.

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 "engrish"
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 08:55:24 PM »
Original Text:
Senator Autzen was sympathetic, but unyielding.  "Son, you want the bureaucratic line, or the straight truth?"  He read the answer in Brook's face.  "The truth is, somebody with power doesn't like you.  The Savant had you on the preliminary crew roster, but there's a 'tweak' built into the program to allow some override of the system.  In theory, there are some human factors that the computer might not be able to understand or appreciate and that allowed for adjustment.  In practice, it's been used in a number of cases, including yours.

New Text: (English > Japanese > English [I think...])
Autzen sympathetic senator, was unyielding. "My son, you want to bureaucratic line, or straight truth?" He is the answer to read Ogawa's face. "The truth is, somebody like power is not. Your scholar could preliminary list of crew, there is a 'fine-tuning' permit program, which is included with some of the system overwrites . Theoretically, there are some human factors and the computer may be able to understand it and be able to adjust, thanks. fact, it was used , in many cases, your own letter.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 04:41:02 PM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Op2 "engrish"
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 08:58:45 AM »
Deleted the previous two posts (one by Freeza and the other by Hidiot asking why Freeza's post needed to be so harsh).

This forum is not the place for something like that... that's what IRC is for. Besides, this topic is in the spam forum.

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 "engrish"
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 04:39:41 PM »
More insanity.

Original Text:
Emma nodded.  "I understand that, but you four aren't fighters, and they have little need of scientists here.  I, on the other hand, have a very important job for you at Plymouth.  I don't expect you to turn on your own people, but you have to realize that if your resistance fails, the Masters can't be allowed to take that starship.  It's Plymouth's intention to hijack the ship, and possibly some of Eden's launch technology as well.  You could help us - if it becomes necessary, of course."

New Text: (English > Dutch > English > Chinese > English > Korean > English > Russian > English)
Emma nodded. "I know that, but, in this case, rain combatants 4, and rarely have a scientist here, but I, on the other hand, it is very important work, you told Plymouth, I do not want to return to his 2006 suit, but we know If you fail, you should have resisted, the captain, could not sign a starship. Plymouth, and the intention is that it can have different objectives, such as navigation, and the Eden and technology to help us, if necessary, of course ".

Offline op2rules

• op2rules.net
Op2 "engrish"
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 02:24:48 PM »
Wow thats so cool and pointless LOL!
Checkout my website, op2rules.net. It has free games, software, and snappy guides. Oh and did I mention the uber friendly community forums?
Life to me is a simple game that I utterly win at.
 ^--- GD Text Generati

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 "engrish"
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 03:47:40 PM »
Feel free to post your own stuff, people! Just run stuff from OP2 through any online translator! It can be mission briefings, novella chapters, or even the "Tales From New Terra" in the help file. Just try to keep them small. We don't want huge chunks that take up half a page.

Offline Leviathan

Op2 "engrish"
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 10:38:05 AM »
lolz that is good.

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 "engrish"
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 09:03:25 PM »
Hey, a new one!

Original Text:
Axen stood as the transport's airlock clanked against the mining outpost's Command Center.  Motors whirred and pumps chugged as the locks sealed together and cycled.  He took a final glance around the transport's empty cabin, the dozens of seats empty save for him.  One last bit of VIP treatment, he thought, my private taxi to hell.

New Text: (I don't remember what I used, but I know Greek, Arabic, and Korean were in there somewhere)
Transportation pressure chamber command center clanked axen oppose mining outpost. People and cars and pump seal and lock whirred deadline. Finally, he is an empty one space before, and storage for dozens of beans. Some 'VIP treatment, and expressed the belief, based on my personal hell of a taxi.

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 "engrish"
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 08:42:50 PM »
More Engrish!

He fell to his knees in front of the Gene Bank, which appeared to have been shot repeatedly at close range, close enough that even soft-slugs had ripped through its aluminum jacket.  The last of its liquid helium coolant boiled away from a puddle on the deck as thousands of tiny glass vials spilled out through the holes and onto the floor, where they lay shattered and broken.

Fell gene knee, in front of the bank, it seems closed soft shot several times at close range - aluminium c ypriots after being cheated jacket, even if it is full. Cooking helium coolant, in the past few puddles of thousands of small glass bottles, and the deck from the same place, a hole in the ground is broken, lying shattered.

I guess the Masters were just upset because somebody stole Echo's jacket or something?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:43:55 PM by Sirbomber »