Author Topic: Outpost 1 Manual  (Read 2525 times)

Offline PKDecatur

Outpost 1 Manual
« on: October 23, 2007, 12:56:43 AM »
Would it be possible for someone to upload the Outpost 1 pdf manual separate from the game?  I just wanted to look at it.

Also, it would be nice if we could start adding entries about the game to the Wiki.

Offline Sirbomber

Outpost 1 Manual
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 03:46:43 AM »
It's been around for awhile. Look harder, since I'm too busy to find an link now.
If you haven't found it by tomorrow I'll get you a link.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline zhukant

Outpost 1 Manual
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 07:31:13 AM »
Actually, I do believe that the only way to get the PDF is to download the whole OP1 package.  
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline PKDecatur

Outpost 1 Manual
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 12:23:43 PM »
Yeah.  I couldn't find the manual.  One thing I liked about Outpost 1 is that it had some more interesting building structures and research possibilities than its successor.  I'd like to see the ones listed in the manual.  Also, I think the Outpost 2 colonies are smaller, since they don't extend underground as far.

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
Outpost 1 Manual
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 05:16:47 PM »
Although there is a link somewhere to it on the OPU site, I do have it on my hosting space: http://users.outpostuniverse.net/mcshay/F...ost/OUTPOST.PDF

Offline PKDecatur

Outpost 1 Manual
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 08:45:34 PM »
Thanks a lot!

Another request, if you don't mind- would it be possible to access the Outpost help files in any way, without installing the game?

Offline Tellaris

Outpost 1 Manual
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 07:43:43 PM »
The op2.hlp file doesn't even come with the install, sorry.   I'll have to find it off my CD and see if I can get it to you.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Outpost 1 Manual
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 10:20:02 PM »
You can download the OP2 Help File from this location:

http://www.outpostuniverse.net/files/other/Outpost2hlp.zip

As far as OP1, I don't know if anyone has extracted it separate from the rest of the game.