Less ore easily accessible
1 (14.3%)
Shorter evacuations (distance)
1 (14.3%)
Less time to evacuate
0 (0%)
Players forced to cooperate more
2 (28.6%)
More combat (Specify: Hostile Players or Hostile AI)
0 (0%)
More room for human players at the expense of AI players
0 (0%)
More novella elements (wreckage, raids, etc.)
2 (28.6%)
Longer research times
0 (0%)
These all make it harder! I want it to be easier! (specify)
1 (14.3%)
Other (specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Survivor Poll  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Survivor Poll
« on: October 17, 2007, 06:34:12 AM »
I'm sure you all remember the Survivor maps. I was reading through the very first thread about Survivor. Despite all the initial excitement, it got very little attention once it was actually ready to play...

Of course, even though the majority of people don't play Survivor, the people who made it do, and now we want to popularize it! Again.

So, I'm asking all of you how you think Survivor could be improved!

Don't know what it is? Look here!
http://users.outpostuniverse.net/mcshay/XHTML/ccf.html
http://users.outpostuniverse.net/mcshay/XHTML/fw.html

Don't just answer the poll question! Tell us what you think!
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Hidiot

Survivor Poll
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 09:51:57 AM »
Make those players cooperate more. Also, adding a 2nd AI on another side of the map from the first one, could add that element of "crossfire" to it :D

Make it 5 players max and ore value depend on the number of players.

I'd go as far as asking if you'll take any new person on the creation team :P
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Quantum

Survivor Poll
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 05:20:23 PM »
Survivor is already boring it needs less surviving and more combat!

This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Survivor Poll
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 07:27:46 PM »
Error 500 Internal Server Error.  :o  

Offline Tellaris

Survivor Poll
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 11:18:55 PM »
The original thread has some ideas that could probably be integrated to some degree.   Its also been debated there.   Perhaps provide a link to that old thread?
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Leviathan

Survivor Poll
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 06:35:13 AM »
Keep up the good work on these maps!

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Survivor Poll
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 08:30:15 AM »
Well, what would make things harder would be to decrease the general amount of ore on the map. This can be done either by fewer mining locations or lower yields.

Personally I like the evacuations. Getting the right spot for your base should be made more important I think though. Now you can easily settle for a 3 bar and rare is your only concern. But then we end up back the the first point, less ore.

I think a more varied cooperation level could be good. some maps where you are dependant on co-operation, others were you would have to fight some. (Less mining locations would force people to fight for their survival perhaps?)

I like the storyline of OP2 and playing through the campaigns I used to like the reinforcements coming out of nowhere aswell as the post-release demo where you had to collect a spaceship part. So personally I would like to see a more thorough build up maybe, with players recieving additional buildings vecs as reinforcement. Spaceship parts could also be scattered around the maps for free spaceship elements or free research ? Dunno what is possible here though ? ** Got some ideas here which can be discussed, but I am not sure what actually can be implemented **

Generally, I would focus on leaving players with less ore to toy around with. That way everything would be more valuable and survival harder. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: I also like the enemy to have a base we can attack. Spawning points is just annoying. Something concrete to fight and be wary of is much preferable to loads of units just rolling into the maps.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:37:45 AM by Highlander »
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Sirbomber

Survivor Poll
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 06:21:46 PM »
Yes, less mines with lower yields is definitely something important, but we also have to make sure people can still survive with less ore.  Buildings and starship parts are very expensive, after all.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
Survivor Poll
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »
Another thing to think about is that we want all players to be able to play the game with a reasonable shot at winning. The changes made must be balanced across multiple skill levels (using starting resources list box).

Offline Sirbomber

Survivor Poll
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 06:26:29 PM »
We've really got to work on making Morale Unsteady a feasible way to play the game...

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Survivor Poll
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 06:28:28 PM »
We've really got to work on making Morale Unsteady a feasible way to play the game...
It is? But evacing residences and other morale structures is annoying.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Survivor Poll
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 06:52:24 PM »
Can the ore cost of spaceship part be made costlier and other stuff cheaper ?
Perhaps even research longer ?

That way, if you can then have a wide range of spaceship parts, research, buildings etc scattered around the map, surveying around for those things would become highly valuable ?

Getting a free research suddenly done, or a free spaceship parts could really save you some time.
If you in addition could get maybe a building or two, or a couple of tigers as reinforment that could be really helpful aswell.. ?
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2