Author Topic: Sci Changes  (Read 3026 times)

Offline 7842303

Sci Changes
« on: October 14, 2007, 12:39:00 AM »
is it possable to make all reasurches max at 1 scientists?
onword to battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless your tired, of cource

Offline Sirbomber

Sci Changes
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 12:42:25 AM »
No. The minimum maximum is 4 scientists per topic (though the lowest Outpost 2 actually uses is 5 scientists).

Of course, you could just set the cost value to 1...
My advice is you just play the game the way it's supposed to be played.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline 7842303

Sci Changes
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 12:46:12 AM »
ok thanks,  just wondering
onword to battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless your tired, of cource

Offline Marukasu

Sci Changes
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 08:46:28 PM »
My advice is you just play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

:huh:
WHY! I mean really, if people want to poke at a game to make it more interesting or difficult why stop them. This game came out about 10 years ago and i really don't see why you would want to discourage potential future hackers.

Offline Sirbomber

Sci Changes
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 09:45:14 PM »
WHY! I mean really, if people want to poke at a game to make it more interesting or difficult why stop them. This game came out about 10 years ago and i really don't see why you would want to discourage potential future hackers.
We don't. We want to discourage people who just want to make the game painfully easy.
We removed the cheats for a reason...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Tellaris

Sci Changes
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 05:27:05 AM »
Yea, and that reason was they where accessible in multiplayer.   The fact that they where removed has NOTHING to do with people who want to make the game "easier".   To be perfectly honest, Hard is simply a level of excessive frustration, and I don't know of really anyone that can PROVE that they've beaten the game on hard.   And as for anyone wanting to edit the game to make it more of what they want to be, go for it!   But note that any such changes will invalidate your game, in other words, you won't be able to play with anyone else.   You'll have to restore it all by either reinstalling or replacing modified files.   Make backups if you don't want to reinstall!
Any small change will cause the game to desync and crash.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
Sci Changes
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 06:07:54 AM »
...I don't know of really anyone that can PROVE that they've beaten the game on hard.
That can easily be done by saving the game prior to the win and archiving the save files.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Sci Changes
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 03:59:35 PM »
The still leaves the question of where the saved game file originated from. Maybe they got it from someone else instead of making it themselves. They enter their nick after the win, do they not?

And yeah, go ahead and do whatever you want. I'm sure some of the less vocal people will probably have a bit of interest in it.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 04:00:45 PM by Hooman »

Offline 4302062

Sci Changes
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 04:49:34 PM »
i have three types of outpost 2 on my comp.  Your op2, origanal op2, and pre release demo. (actual demo)
i cheat on one, play cold war on one and mod the demo, but saddly i cant upload this because it is to big

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 04:51:23 PM by 4302062 »
big words make me feel speciel