Author Topic: New Irc Server  (Read 7903 times)

Offline Galactic

• Administrator
    • http://www.konker.net
New Irc Server
« on: October 01, 2007, 09:50:18 AM »
As posted in the News Forum, we have recently acquired a new dedicated server to host the website. We have now complete the move from the old server to the new server. We have moved the IRC Server over and the DNS changes will take effect tonight.

The services are already transferred over meaning you will not have to reregister your nicks or channels. All settings will be moved over. We have also updated the IRC server software and IRC services software to the latest builds. OPU|Bot has also been moved to the new server.

If you cannot connect to the new IRC Server due to DNS problems, use the command "/server 69.61.60.29".
Take me to your leader! I bare the claws of a corndog.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
New Irc Server
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 11:39:11 PM »
Another thing I might add. SSL is now reenabled and you can use SSL to connect on port 6697. (/server irc.outpostuniverse.net:+6097 will work in mIRC if you have OpenSSL installed on your system).

We have also added an open proxy scanner. If you try to connect using an open web proxy (like a public http proxy or so on) the server will not let you connect. This should not affect most users (even if their ISP uses a proxy, since the proxy should be configured to prevent external users from using it. The proxy scanner will attempt to connect to and use the proxy. If it succeeds, then the user will get kicked).

This is meant to prevent people from using public proxies, etc. to evade bans.

If you think the proxy scanner is kicking you when it shouldn't be, let us know, provide proof of who you are (your IP / IP ranges) and a transcript of the disconnection from the server, and we will make an exception so that you may connect.

The implication that the scanner may have for everyone else, is that your firewall may report attempted connections / portscans / intrusions when you connect to IRC. Be assured that this is the proxy scanner and no harm will be caused to your system or your network.

If you have any questions, let us know.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 11:42:22 PM by BlackBox »