Author Topic: Members Description And Status On The Website?  (Read 2457 times)

Offline zanco

Members Description And Status On The Website?
« on: July 25, 2007, 06:27:33 PM »
So I was browsing the website and was looking for this special page where every active   and non-active member's status/avatar is shown along with a quote from them. But for some reasons I couldn't seem to find it.

What happened to it? was it dropped because our dear admins are overwhelmed with other matters? Do they need some help? Or did I just missed reading the link.

Anyways, I wanted to make sure it was there and maybe ask for some updates because beside the forums, it shows that we are active OP2 players.
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 06:57:36 PM »
Because it was pretty... pointless. Wasted too much time.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 12:37:48 AM »
I cant see a reason to do any thing like that zanco`.  The Active players maybe unactive days or weeks after each update.  And getting the quote would be annoying because some people would always want to change it.  Updating would be a pain in the ass.  All the active players come on IRC that is how we know who is who.  And as for quotes if they are active on IRC long enough to start replacing the stats of those people who have been here for years then youll start seeing some random quotes.

Offline zanco

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 08:41:21 PM »
Well it is just sad that you have dropped it...
Like I said it looked very nice to see it on the website (even if it needed some update from time to time). It was another way (other than being on irc) to see that people play the game etc... etc...
Not too many people are drawn to chatting via irc right away.
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 09:23:18 PM »
Not being able to see who is active on irc draws people to IRC.  The General way of the internet or what the General way has become.  Is what makes people not want to get on IRC.  

Offline zanco

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 11:02:50 PM »
Let me guess, an irreversible decision has been made and therefore I am hitting a wall longer and higher than the Great Wall, aren't I?

... *sigh*  
          Jakob Bernouilli

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 01:52:17 AM »
well give me some thing i cant shoot down :P j/k

well its not there I dont think its going to be back.  It might be because we are lazy or busy but we just cant keep updating it for all the people that think or are active and what what ever quote to be up there.

But there is Wiki Zanco and you have a small FTP right your welcome to make your own and we could tack the link on some where.

Offline zanco

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 10:34:56 AM »
well give me some thing i cant shoot down
Self proclaimed Idea Slayer   :heh:  

Hmmm I don't remember having an ftp account, maybe it got all mixed when we migrated, but it is a GOOD idea and I will look into it. Thanks for making me think about that.
          Jakob Bernouilli

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 11:14:35 AM »
op2hacker is the one who made this in the first place. The main problem with it was the admins to gamers list admins had to admin it.  

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 07:02:15 PM »
The main problem with it was the admins to gamers list admins had to admin it.
So why don't you outsource some of these minor things to trustworthy volunteers?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials