Author Topic: Reactive Armor  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Reactive Armor
« on: August 09, 2007, 03:09:45 PM »

Reactive armor.  A effective armor that blows its self off when struck by a weapon using explosive bolts.  This armor is used on most modern battle tanks.  The more it gets hit the more armor sheets come off.

A different Style of reactive armor.
Its a Armor that was in the battle tech world.  Mainly on the small Elemental infantry units.  This Armor if penatrated would fill in the gaps with a substance that would harden and fill in the "wound".  Would work alot like that s*** you put in bike/car tires.  It would work much like the Command center windows.

All these do is just keep the unit going longer.  pretty much like all armor.

They both give the advantage of the Core from being damaged longer the armor fills in holes or falls off sheet by sheet.  This by no means keeps the vec from getting damage.  As in a game armor is only responceble for reducing the damage taken by each hit.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 03:10:16 PM by Freeza-CII »

Offline Psudomorph

Reactive Armor
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 07:13:25 PM »
Since damage to vehicles reduces their speed, I think a good use of sealing armor would be as an upgrade that slowed the efficiency decrease of the vehicle. Essentially you would end up with a vehicle that would stay at full capacity for twice as much damage as normal (or until destroyed).

If damage in OP3 causes other inefficiencies (like perhaps reduced weapon accuracy or fire rate or something) then those things can be taken into account as well.

Offline omagaalpha

Reactive Armor
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 06:04:35 AM »
You forgotten mention that when ditch part of Reactive armor after taken damage that it will take more damage then before when it get hit again so it does not have as much protection though probably increase speed by little bit since got rid weight on it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 06:06:06 AM by omagaalpha »
Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Reactive Armor
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 12:43:24 PM »
thats just thinking to realisticly for a game.  it wouldnt change the speed of the vec.  Other then maybe keeping it at top speed longer.  and you can do reactive armor with more then one sheet.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Reactive Armor
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 03:50:32 PM »
I'm not sure this is good for an Outpost-ish game...I mean, with the weapons they have, it doesn't seem like it would make a difference
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline 7842303

Reactive Armor
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »
ya saddly i agree with ck9 :(  
onword to battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless your tired, of cource