Poll

Do you think an Outpost 3 would create an influx of new members?

Yes
12 (70.6%)
No
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Outpost 3  (Read 9996 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Outpost 3
« on: July 12, 2007, 09:52:50 AM »
I'm not going to actually debate this. I'm just curious what others think.
And if this turns into a flame war I'll... uh... I can't do anything to stop it actually, except delete the entire thread...
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Leviathan

Outpost 3
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 10:38:34 AM »
yea i think if we had a new game then there would be members coming to play just that game.

Offline Brazilian Fan

Outpost 3
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 11:36:51 AM »
Only if OP3 turn to be a good game

Offline zhukant

Outpost 3
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 01:40:21 PM »
I think it would create an influx of members no matter what kind of game it is. People play bad games, too! And one can always find people that think any game is bad. Personally, I think it all depends on marketing and publicity. If we hella get the word out there, people will hella come. If we just tell OPU people, a few people will come saying Whoa what's this? o.o but not much else. That's my opinion.

——
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline Leviathan

Outpost 3
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 01:44:19 PM »
Well not just games may get more members here. Maybe we should start another topic about ideas to get more members :)

Offline Sl0vi

Outpost 3
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 01:47:51 PM »
Well, Genesis gave a big influx of new members when it was first announced. Altho, most of them moved on shortly after :/

I'm sure if an OP3 project ever gets finished it will draw alot of new members. Maybe some of them will even stick around, if there is a playable version out that they can enjoy.
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Outpost 3
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 12:38:19 PM »
Well, Genesis gave a big influx of new members when it was first announced. Altho, most of them moved on shortly after :/

I'm sure if an OP3 project ever gets finished it will draw alot of new members. Maybe some of them will even stick around, if there is a playable version out that they can enjoy.
agreed on all counts Sl0vi.

We would also have to 'market' it to the new members... but that's a whole 'nother topic for a later date =)
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline Quantum

Outpost 3
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 10:52:45 PM »
as lev said any game will bring in new people but it might bring in more if it had really good graphics (thumbsup)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:53:07 PM by Quantum »
This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.

Offline Zardox Xheonov

Outpost 3
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 06:08:28 PM »
I think we'd need to get some kind of attractive game out too!
Seeing how the IRC is always quiet, id suggest giving the op3 a multiplayer option so the game can be popular. That might also give life to the IRC once again.
I also think we need more members, but that's for another topic.
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)