Author Topic: Op1 Patches?  (Read 8640 times)

Offline armorfiend

Op1 Patches?
« on: June 17, 2007, 07:06:50 PM »
hey all- I was wondering, does anyone know where I could find the patches to patch my original Outpost 1 up to 1.5? Are there other Outpost communities I should be looking in?

I did try downloading the 1.5 version from the site, but apparently Nero hates it, and I'd rather not have to install another CD burning program just to burn this particular image.

Thanks for your help, folks.

edit-
Never mind, the community had already taken care of this for me! I found the patch on page two of the file section of the forum.

Thanks for hosting and maintaining this place, guys. Outpost is a grand old game, and it's nice to play it again and make it a 'new' game with the patch.

(Ya'll can delete this if you like... I would but don't seem to be able to do so)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 07:26:44 PM by armorfiend »

Offline alphatec

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 01:51:07 PM »
i need outpost 1 patches and planetpak, does anyone know where i can get them.

i had outpost in the 90's and just got another copy

Offline docwho83

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 09:54:30 AM »
I know outpost 1 well I thought. Bugs and all.... But planetpak? This is new to me. If such a thing is out there please point me to it.

Thanks,
Docwho

Offline fallenleader

• http://www.fallenangelsclan.com
Op1 Patches?
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 10:38:48 PM »
http://wiki.outpostuniverse.net/Outpost_1
from their wiki
"Addon packs and other related games
No addon packs were created for Outpost, but a sequel was created - Outpost 2: Divided Destiny. The only update for Outpost 1 was Outpost 1.5 which included bug fixes. "

i need it as well.
Edit: found out, the outpost 1 download on outpostuniverse.net IS the 1.5 patch. it comes already patched.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:03:32 PM by fallenleader »

Offline docwho83

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 07:28:54 AM »
Outpost  1 (1.5) is still buggie as all get out. Do not have the ai build stuff for you unless you have robo-dozers on hand. The chants of it trying to put in a building that is not coded right is 7 out of 10.

Back when I had the win98 or win95 as my OS. I could see the buildings that were the bug. Building title was error building XXX. X being what ever number that new file number was.

Runing under vista you can forget the ai builder. It will ruin the game for you.

That is the biggest problem I have seen since the first day I started play back when it came out.

Based on the way I see the code in side the game. Outpost is setup on a flat file system which means after some time you could hit the file size lemit on the system.

But never figure out how to decode the dat files to make changes to the game.

There are many other bugs that are listed on site that talk about outpost 1 (1.5).

Offline fallenleader

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 07:19:46 PM »
#$%^ i based my entire build on the outpost universe's v1.5 build. its already compiled into a full install disk and a -run off disk- version. F^ck

Offline Sirbomber

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 11:55:48 PM »
Hey, don't blame us, blame Sierra.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline fallenleader

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 12:51:07 PM »
nah, not blaming anyone but THE OUTPOSTUNIV WEBSITE!!! :( its the version they have posted.  :P its all good, but should i be looking for a different version? or is v1.5 the best people have?

Offline Sirbomber

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 02:52:34 PM »
There is OP1.0, but that is even buggier than OP1.5. And we don't have that anyways.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline fallenleader

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 10:10:23 PM »
well then there is no choice.  ;) will someone get to work already.

does anyone hold the copyright for outpost anymore?

Offline Mez

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 05:26:10 PM »
nah, not blaming anyone but THE OUTPOSTUNIV WEBSITE!!! :( its the version they have posted.  :P its all good, but should i be looking for a different version? or is v1.5 the best people have?
The version on the website is a rip of a retail CD-ROM. i.e. It was purchased like that, and the image has been uploaded.

No work will EVER we done on OP1 / OP1.5 by outpost-universe, it is a crap, poorly designed, poorly programmed game.

If you want to play around with it / hack it to pieces / develop it, thats your prerogative, but we are having nothing to do with it, and many will agree with me here.  There were one or two projects to remake op1, but they have been abandoned / dormant.  check the Projects section in the archive sub forum f you really want to see.

Perhaps you should read up on your copyright law, and work out when the copyright expires in your country using the game's release date.

Edit:  Your "Get to work already" clauses are starting to get annoying.
And blaming the outpost-universe website is blaming the community since the content is on the website as a result of the community existing and people within the community created the content for the website.  I find your comment on this to be insulting, to myself as I created some of the content and I'm sure others may find it insulting too.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 05:29:43 PM by Mez »

Offline fallenleader

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 07:39:13 PM »
well, i was blaming as a joke. and same with the "get to work" i will research copyrights, but was hoping someone might have known off hand.

If the content wasn't hosted here, i would have never have found the game to begin with. after a days searching the web, found this place, liked it, and came to play? work? help? inspire?

You did take my post out of context a little, i was being joking and playful as i have been in all of them, hard to tell without hearing tone of voice, but since it is annoying i'll just drop it. :) but i wouldn't sit there and call it a crap game, you'd kill a LOT of games ever made. But i am off the topic, v1.5 is it, i don't know any programming, and the source was lost anyway? so i'm sticking with the work i did. and enjoying it.

Sorry I pissed you off,
Sean H.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Op1 Patches?
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 07:32:43 PM »
As mentioned numerous times in other posts, "Outpost" as both a name of a video game series, and the video game itself, are registered copyrights and trademarks.

I would say I have to agree with Mez here for the most part. Whether you meant it as a joke / sarcasm or not is not something that is always readily apparent in a text medium such as a forum. OPU isn't responsible for a buggy game that was produced by Dynamix.

I hear the "get to work" comment all too much as well. (No offense to anyone who is reading this, but this comes especially from new users who are very quick to ask the people who have been around here longer to do this and that, but who don't contribute anything in return). It's been mentioned many times that OPU is not a full time job for anyone here, people are only here because they want to be (in their leisure time).

If you think you can do a better job than is currently being done, then I challenge you to post and upload content here that you think does the job.

Offline fallenleader

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 11:43:53 PM »
well. as i said, i'm sorry.

I would like to work on this. i am actually saving it, and will learn over time. I have put 2years into total annihilation, and 6 months into a single expansion pack.

:) i'm not very smart and learn slow, programming knowledge will come, after html.  Considering i only stopped playing DOS games was because of incompatability, this will be everlasting in my collection.

again, sorry. I'll leave if you want.

Offline Sirbomber

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 08:22:24 AM »
I hear the "get to work" comment all too much as well.
Yet you still haven't.  ;)  

Offline fallenleader

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 06:54:54 PM »
I hear the "get to work" comment all too much as well.
Yet you still haven't.  ;)
and i was afraid of getting banned.  :P that was just low.

sirbomber
Group: Members
Ore: 2147483647

fallenleader
Group: Members
Ore: 120
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 06:55:13 PM by fallenleader »

Offline Hidiot

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 03:32:27 AM »
Sirbomber has more power than you can imagine.

Careful when making jokes, as not everyone will understand them or find them funny  ;)  
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline fallenleader

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 09:20:55 AM »
see, he said what i said. i got yelled at, he hasn't yet. so its funny. but far as i'm concerned, i killed the topic. i'm removing notification on it and not comin to post in it again.

Offline Sirbomber

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »
Yeah, but I've been here for years and by now everyone should know not to take what I say seriously.

Offline Halo Buff

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 09:43:32 PM »
I've got a 1.0 disk. If I ever figure out how to rip it, I'd let you people have it. I'm currently on track to becomming a programmer. One of my goals was to learn how to rip Outpost to shreds and start over with a decently playable version with at least all of the promised content.

Also, I can't get the 1.5 game I downloaded from here to install. I just get a box saying it's not installed on my system, then nothing happens...

Offline fallenleader

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 11:34:38 PM »
do you have outpost 1.0 installed already?

thats only thing i can think of.

there is a program i use, PowerISO which has a free version that does disks up to 300mb.  maybe this will work?

i am very experienced in rip/burn of many different types of things.  and with outpost 1, if there isnt anything special on it, it may be so old and unprotected that you could copy the disk files into a folder and compress to .rar or .zip then megaupload them

i like unprotected software. stupid companies just put a game within a game/movie by protecting it. the game is "how do we break it" :whistle:  

Offline DinoMan

Op1 Patches?
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 11:13:36 AM »
All --

I recently purchased a Windows CD version of the game second-hand on Ebay and was mildly surprised when it loaded and ran flawlessly without any needed tweaks, DOSbox, virtual CD-ROM drives, etc.  However, according to the welcome screen, it is Version 1.1.  I see references in posts on this site to a Files location where I can obtain the v. 1.5 patch, but can't find any such location here.  Can someone steer me to it with explicit instructions or tell me how I can upgrade to v. 1.5 otherwise?  I am running Windows XP.  Thanks!

NOTE:  I tried downloading the game from this site, but could not get it to install.  I continued to run into an error message and eventually wound up ordering the game over Ebay.  

I am something of a dinosaur (hence the screen name) regarding video games, having been around since the old C-64, Amiga, etc., days and I played Outpost (1) (first run!) many years ago.  I always liked it and am glad I have found this site.  Again any help would be appreciated.