Author Topic: Dimensions  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Brazilian Fan

Dimensions
« on: June 07, 2007, 06:10:17 PM »
I was bored, so I decided to start 'measuring' some buildings and units in OP2. In 15 minutes I had this result:

note: width x height meters

Eden:
Advanced lab: 17x22m
Residence: 10x19m
RLV: 9x3m
Starship: 73x63m
Skydock: 117x81m

Plymouth:
Residence: 9x20m
Tokamak: 15x4m
Lynx: 4x3m

These are at certain degree, incorrect. The same building/vehicles seems to have different dimensions on different cut scenes/images.

Offline Psudomorph

Dimensions
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:41:26 PM »
I would be curious to know how you got the measurements. What reference point did you use?

Offline Galciv12

• http://www.thetoonsite.com
Dimensions
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 09:28:51 AM »
I am new here, but I would like to say this:

this measuring could be used by like an artist or graphic designer to create maybe new structures or create new shemes for the old ones?
Heros are born, but Legends are created.

Offline Brazilian Fan

Dimensions
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 10:30:54 AM »
To get those 'rought' dimensions, I used some videos with peoples as reference. Firstly I measured how many 'peoples' could fit from top to bottom, and from the right to the left. I assumed the the average height of one person was 1,70m.

NumberOfPeoples * 1,70 = height or width

For the starship and skydock, I used the RLV (height previously calculated) as a reference.

this measuring could be used by like an artist or graphic designer to create maybe new structures or create new shemes for the old ones?

I don't think so. The numbers of maximum structures and how they function are all hardcoded inside the executable
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 10:32:49 AM by Brazilian Fan »