Author Topic: 'natural' Weaponry  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Pirogoeth

'natural' Weaponry
« on: May 09, 2007, 09:09:36 AM »
Alright, I dont really know if I'm doing this properly or in the right blace, so I sincerly appoloise if I am however the though came into my head...

you know hoe Eden has Artificial lightning, similar to that of the electrical storms? well.. what if they continued researching weapons that seamingly go with nature?
I appologise, I havent named or really done anyhtig other then figure ouw what the weapon does)

ie, a Seismic Charge weapon. obviously, it creates a localised earth quake. The weapon would be immune to its own earthquake. Essentiall it would e a guard post on wheals cause it wouldnt be able to drive around while the earthquake is in progress. it ould be stuck till oyu tell it to stop he earthquake. It would kinda be Edens seige weapon, if that term applies. It would also damage friendly units nearby it (including other seismic chargeres if they are too close.

the advantages would be that.. well... Eden get a weapon that can cause earthquakes, albeit small ones...
gives Eden a defence against attacking forces when they have a small army.

The disadvandage would be that the weapon cant move while its making the quake and that it could just go into an enemy bace and slowly rip it apart until everything in the Area of Effect is dead or dying. Or when its destroyed by other unis.
It would likel have to "set up", like a mine or Geocon would before it can go into "attack mode" and "take down" before it can move around again. (think of Age of Empires trebuchets...)

and just for strategy reasons, since it cant move, plymouth or Measis could just EMP and reprogram it without too much fuss if its in attack mode (the quake would stop while its EMP'd)

and I was gonna suggest something along the lines of a meteor shower weapon, or a mini-vortex type thing, but both are kinda...godly. I'll leave them for Age of Mythology >_<
The civil war has begun....

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
'natural' Weaponry
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 10:32:01 AM »
No damn vortex weapons or quake weapons period