Author Topic: Resting Mode For Buildings  (Read 1643 times)

Offline goduranus

Resting Mode For Buildings
« on: April 22, 2007, 11:41:12 AM »
I find it pretty darn annyoying to come back to base to unidle morale buildings specially when you have large population and you basically need to idle/unidle constantly :'( . Can we have new idle mode for buildings called Rest which shuts it down to conserve workers and power but automatically turns it back on when needed?

For example:
You have 3 houses, with 80% demand for housing. You then build another house, but since you don't need it yet, the computer automatically puts it to"rest" when build it. When the 3 active houses reaches a 99% demand, the resting fourth house checks if there is enough workers and power for it to go active. If there is, the fourth house will go active and reduce housing demand back to about 74%.

I think if there are multiple building types that satisfy the same demand, the smaller one should kick in first, meaning small house before big house, and entertainment facility before forum, as this will result in the smallest jump in power and worker consumption.

You could alternatively have this mode turn building off automatically, starting from the smallest.

Also, factories not building anything, and labs not researching should not be using power or workers by default, and start using power and workers only when you want to build something or do reserach.

ps. agridomes should always be active unless manually told to go to rest. Resting agridomes should turn on automatically if food level drops below 1000 to prevent your ppl from dying off.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 11:42:35 AM by goduranus »

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 02:07:07 PM »
Doing this takes away from micromanagement of the game.

Offline goduranus

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 06:12:51 PM »
why would you micro when you don't need to? there's always other things to micro too, like the formation of your tanks.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 07:34:39 PM »
Outpost 2 is different from other RTS's in that it is as much about maintaining your colony as it is maintaining your army, if all you want to do is order your army around you should play C&C.
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode