Author Topic: Hello There  (Read 2835 times)

Offline Silver

Hello There
« on: April 18, 2007, 09:54:04 AM »
Hi!

About a month ago i was bored and looked for a decent strategy game. After the horrible starcraft experience (man, i think that really sucked), i was looking for a little more management in a strategy game, and i realized i got a copy of Outpost 2 (yeah, original CD :D)

Since i don't mind about using old graphics if the game is good, i've installed it. Yeah, it took me a while to learn this game's dynamics, but, anyway, i found its gameplay much more original rather than the usual stratey games. I'm still playing it, Eden Campaign mission 11, at normal difficulty. Pity the campaign gets easier and easier after you defeat mission 5 i think (first mission with spaceport), or maybe i became a little better :P

I've also tested some multiplayer games with my brother (ex-player) but i think i'm more the singleplayer type of a player. That's because i don't like rushes and stuff, and like to fully develop before attempting an assault :P

And, yea, as you might have guessed, i'm not english-native :P
I didn't make the sig. I've just found it on Google images.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Hello There
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:22:40 AM »
Welcome to the Outpost Universe, Silver. You should really play multiplayer. It is fun. You are not limited to rush & kill game types. Everything is possible.

Btw: Where do you live?

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Hello There
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »
Welcome to OPU forums...
Stay at the forums...
Come to the IRC for chat and games!

Anyways Welcome!
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Silver

Hello There
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 12:13:44 PM »
I'm from Italy  :rolleyes:  

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Hello There
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 05:31:54 PM »
Hi-ho Silver.

Welcome.  

Offline zhukant

Hello There
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 07:11:14 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Silver! I would have never guessed you weren't a native speaker. Maybe that's because I'm not one either? Well, what ever it may be, your English is outstanding =] Please enjoy your stay and (a request that you will get lots of probably) please come on IRC! =] That is [arguably] where we have the most fun!  :op2:

zhukant
Detected rip in space-time continuum. Attempting repairs. Attempt #1 failed. Cause: unknown. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #2 failed. Cause: probe annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #3 failed. Cause: fleet annihilated. Retry: comply: proceeding. Attempt #4 failed. Cause: 404 Could

Offline Silver

Hello There
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 06:23:43 AM »
i'm usually an IRC whore so don't worry about that =D

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
Hello There
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 12:50:38 PM »
Welcome to OPU! It's hard to find someone this day and age that appreciates the micromanagement that outpost 2 provides d: Hope to have your thors tigers roll over my base one day (or rpg, if you prefer plymouth) I'm glad you're on (and still on) irc (: most people sign on for a minute then drop out ^^; Hope to see you around!

Offline Sl0vi

Hello There
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 06:47:44 PM »
Welcome! :D

Old graphics are the best!
!!!YAY!!!

Offline zanco

Hello There
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 09:48:59 PM »
Welcome Silver.
An irc whore?? Hooray!

Anyways, Enjoy your stay.
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"

Offline Tellaris

Hello There
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 01:23:59 AM »
If you're looking for a no rush game, but a strong opponent, I'm your man.   I do those from time to time (When I actaully HAVE time), and theres probobly some others I can rope into joining it.   Personally I prefer the default settings (Herein known as what you find in colony games, morale on, disasters on, day/night on), while quite a few here don't really like that aspect of the game.   Most focus on the fighting mainly, and don't seem to care much about the colony management part.   Leviathian is especially bad for this.   If you see me on IRC, and I actually happen to be present, feel free to ask!   I'm usually on around 9-11 during week days, and anywhere from 10 am to 2 am on the weekends, depending on what I work on the weekend.   Note all times are MST.   (Mountain Standard Time)
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Leviathan

Hello There
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 03:25:07 AM »
Welcome :)

Outpost 2 multiplayer is the best!

I hope your brother will be joining us also :D