Author Topic: Please Take This Survay  (Read 2042 times)

Offline gamerscd0

Please Take This Survay
« on: March 22, 2007, 04:36:57 PM »
hay ppl i was wondering if u guys could please take the survays on this site
the site is mine so no worries

http://home.earthlink.net/~gamerscd/

Offline Ro@m

Please Take This Survay
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 05:35:48 AM »
Nice surveys...
Survival is just the beginning.

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Please Take This Survay
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 09:02:26 AM »
You will know wich i surveys filled. It will be easy though
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Mez

Please Take This Survay
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 09:25:07 AM »
Good, but last question, survey 2, you should give the scale, i.e. 1 is I don't take children to extremely violent movies, 10 is I take my kids every weeks.

I think you get the idea

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Please Take This Survay
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 09:52:18 AM »
moo

surveys done, this an assignment or something?
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Please Take This Survay
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 03:52:34 PM »
Very interesting questions, although I have a few unsolicited comments.

Usually serveys don't have default answers selected like that. It tends to bias results.

Also, for the please explain why type of boxes, they're usually attached right on the question rather than having a single one after two questions that might require further commenting. Maybe the answers are mostly the same for both cases, in which case they're free to copy and paste. But sometimes they might like to give different reasons for each, and it makes it clearer what question they are referring to in their answer. (Plus I had already forgotten what the 3rd question was after reading the 4th question).

Also, the one about dead soldiers strikes me as American specific (maybe a few other countries too). If your survey is targetted to Americans, you should say that somewhere at the top before people start the survey. Sort of similar thoughts for the T-shirt question, but I think that is a little more widely applicable.

Also, not everyone will have a T-shirt like that. Maybe generalize the question a little to "someone" rather than your T-shirt. It would definately give me a different feeling if someone else was asked to remove a T-shirt like that then being asked how I'd feel to remove a T-shirt like that, mainly because I wouldn't wear such a T-shirt. There's often a difference between what I would do, and what I feel other people should be allowed to do. Also, the way it's phrased sounds a little biased, like there's obviously a correct answer and I should answer in a way to prove a point you'd like to make, because you were probably the one with the T-shirt.

Also the last question about extremely violent movies seems more at home in the first survey than the second one. The second one seems more concerned with the war than with media violence in general. It also feels a little biased to be asking this question in the second survey, like you're trying to draw links here, but not offering the person to option to refuse that a link exists here. Like saying the war is because of violence in movies, whereas the person might feel the war was because of big business or oil, or was maybe just a ligitimate cause.

So yeah, interesting questions, but I don't really know how to answer them.

Offline White Claw

Please Take This Survay
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 07:51:38 PM »
They have shown KIAs in the media. The worst case being acts in Bosnia. And I believe there is too much violence in the media because I just believe that's all they want to show. So much more shock factor to push the agenda they want. They'll either show troops or helpless civilians based on what they want to push. It's always biased no matter how "fair and balanced" they pretend it is. (People are naturally biased. It's extremely difficult to be truly objective.)

I also agree with Hooman about the T-Shirt.  

Offline gamerscd0

Please Take This Survay
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 07:46:40 AM »
thank you for your help ill try to change them :P oh and if u havent taken this survay please :P do so

Stupid school :P

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Please Take This Survay
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 09:02:23 AM »
Stupid school :P
Agreed -
why didn't you put THIS in the survey ? :P
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."