Author Topic: Arachnids  (Read 6648 times)

Offline Combine Crusier

Arachnids
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 07:03:42 AM »
The first half I agree with, however the climbing on tanks........ NO WAY!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 08:51:25 AM by Combine Crusier »
Fire at will!

Offline Combine Crusier

Arachnids
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 08:50:52 AM »
Ok... Why don't we just take out arachnids altogether?

Even considering the fact they'd probably be the only thing capable of getting to the Maesis colony due to the fact it's probably going to be in rought terrain. Sure let's blast arachnids out of the game since they're so cheap...... FRY THEM ALL!
Fire at will!

Offline Sirbomber

Arachnids
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 02:22:54 PM »
No. We like Spiders/Scorpions.
I don't think anybody wants to remove any units from the game, though the MHD Generator kinda has to go unless Cythera just happens to be going through a polar shift (or whatever it's called) just like New Terra was experiencing. Which I find somewhat unlikely.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Arachnids
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 03:09:05 PM »
thats rediculous.  No game needs that kinda realism.
More and more modern RTSes are including a physics engine in them so attacking specific parts of the vehicle and varying the damage done is not that unusual anymore.

Look at Company of Heroes (feb '07)... damage to tanks is calculated based on where exactly it hits on the tank (if you hit the rear or the sides you do a lot more damage than the front). So varying damage by where a tank is being attacked is not that far fetched.