Author Topic: Compiler Setup  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Brazilian Fan

Compiler Setup
« on: February 22, 2007, 03:00:11 PM »
I was wondering...

Using the Compiler Setup, Could I use Code::Blocks and MVC++ 2003 to compile 'typical' C++ programs?

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Compiler Setup
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 03:56:27 PM »
Yes, you should be able to.

The contents of the platform SDK headers RAR file should be good for compiling most windows applications, as well as programs that depend only on the standard C/C++ libraries.

If the windows applications use MFC or ATL you might be out of luck (the free version does not have headers or libraries for MFC or ATL as far as I know). If you need DirectX support it might be necessary to download additional libraries or headers from Microsoft (they are all freely available, I think, from MS'es web site).

Bottom line is: As long as you set up the compiler, IDE, and all headers / libs properly, you should be able to compile most programs that depend on the Windows API on its own.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 03:57:09 PM by op2hacker »

Offline Brazilian Fan

Compiler Setup
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 07:40:58 AM »
Thanks   :D  

Offline Brazilian Fan

Compiler Setup
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 04:53:41 PM »
When I try to compile anything not related to OP2 dll coding, I get this error: "Can't find compiler executable in your search path for GNU GCC compiler". Then I searched for the application "mingw32-g++.exe" (the builder, I think) that should be inside the MV C++ 2003 Toolkit '/bin' folder and I cannot find it. Is this file included in the 'compressed' toolkit available to download from the compiler setup? If no, where can I find it?

Offline Brazilian Fan

Compiler Setup
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 02:25:17 PM »
Found the missing file here
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 02:26:25 PM by Brazilian Fan »