Author Topic: Unreal Tournament  (Read 7370 times)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Unreal Tournament
« on: February 08, 2007, 11:29:58 PM »
You can download Unreal Tournament (the original one from 1999) here. Download the demo and install, download and apply the patch, then download this patch to unlock the demo and youre set! I play UT99 daily and Id like to see some more faces around. UT2k4 is good but has problems and is more bandwidth intensive and requires a hefty computer to run. If you have an older comp or cheaper gfx card, try out UT99. If you get into it let me know and we can have some matches. I will be setting up a UT99 server with Outpost-themed maps in the next month.  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 11:35:51 PM by dm-horus »

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Unreal Tournament
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 01:03:34 PM »
Outpost WHAT? please explain.
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Galactic

• Administrator
    • http://www.konker.net
Unreal Tournament
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 10:25:05 PM »
What I think he means is, outpost 2 based maps will be made into maps on UT99. When you make those up, I would gladly hop and and start playing with you. I use to play UT99 a lot, but lost interest as my friends did.
Take me to your leader! I bare the claws of a corndog.

Offline Leviathan

Unreal Tournament
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 06:40:32 AM »
I used to play this at lan partys

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
Unreal Tournament
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 02:01:25 AM »
I used to play UT at school on the lan.... The best gun i used was the pistol, double pistol was favourite. I didn't know how to use any gun except the pistol. Rocket was slow, that plasma thingy boring (one shot, you dead)...

UT 2004 and 2007 are graphicly very demanding. While 99 is just... ok.
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Unreal Tournament
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 06:34:53 PM »
You mean Dual Enforcers. Yes they own. The rocket is slow by default settings. If you play in rocketarena the rockets are faster and have instant fire. The ASMD Shock Rifle (plasma gun) has a couple modes: regular mode has primary fire which is an instant hit beam and altfire is a slow moving ball that when shot with the primary fire makes a huge explosion. The other mode is Instagib where 1 shot kills you dead. For that to be enabled you have to setup the server to be an instagib server. That is fun but only for a while.

In my opinion UT99 is better than the other versions of unreal. UT03 and 04 have better graphics - thats all. Gameplay isnt better and Ive never felt as good playing them as I have with UT99. For some reason UT99 just feels more viceral, more intense and exciting. It works well and is that it is the best it could possibly be. When I look at UT99 and I think about what they did and when they did it, it could not have been better. At the time it was the pinnacle of what was possible with a FPS. However, UT03 and 04 have their problems and they didnt stretch the limits the way UT99 did by a long shot. I am hoping UT07 will remind me of why I got into the unreal series. I began playing Unreal ever since the original back in 1997 or 98, maybe earlier I cannot remember. I never stopped playing and it has been installed on every computer Ive had since then. I even have the original disks.

So yeah, let me know if you play or get back into playing. Id love to have some deathmatch with you guys.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Unreal Tournament
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 06:25:59 PM »
I found a pretty sweet multiplayer mod called SiegeXXLE. All items are removed from the map and all you get is the enforcer and a BUILD gun. Its an RTS for Unreal where you collect RU's and build structures that provide weapons, defense turrets, storage containers, upgrades, teleporters, etc. Its pretty awesome. I will be setting up my unreal server tomorrow afternoon.

http://idefix4u.speedlinq.nl/download/

Offline memesad

Unreal Tournament
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 12:56:56 AM »
I'm having issues installing the utdemopatch348

it says "The expected version of Unreal Tournament Demo file system\botpack.u was not found on the CD-ROM drive.
Please verify that the proper CD is in the drive

so yea not sure what to do

Offline Brazilian Fan

Unreal Tournament
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 06:16:03 PM »
I've got mirrors if someone is having trouble to download UT from the original dm-horus's links.

1º: Playable demo v348 for Win32

2º: Full demo v338 -> v348 patch

3º: Retail v436 patch (no delta) for Win32

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Unreal Tournament
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 07:39:08 PM »
Thanks BF. Way to be dilligent. Also, ask me if you have any problems.

Also, since UT is so small (relatively speaking) and works right out of the directory (it has no registry keys needed to run, just start menu shortcuts) its possible to copy and compress my entire UT directory and give it to you. I have a pretty good collection of maps and mutators so if youre interested and you already have UT, let me know. Theres a small app that fixes the UT registry keys so that when youre installing a mod or mut, it automatically knows where to place the files. Otherwise you would have to manually type in the path. A minor annoyance at best.

And if you have any questions about good mods or mutators let me know and Ill fill you in. Ive spent years using and reviewing UT stuff and I can hook you up with some cool stuff. I will be placing them on the server I run so when you play, youll get a copy of them too.

Offline memesad

Unreal Tournament
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 08:32:57 PM »
ok Dm-horus make a zip of your UT File and i'll download it and play online when i get it

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Unreal Tournament
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 08:41:59 PM »
I will compress my UT directory later tonight. If you want it, PM me on IRC and I will give it to you.

This goes for anybody.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 09:30:08 PM by dm-horus »

Offline memesad

Unreal Tournament
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 09:19:33 PM »
ok I'll be on IRC tomorrow night I'll pm you then maybe around 6:00 pm

time difference with site is 3 hours
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 09:20:41 PM by memesad »

Offline Brazilian Fan

Unreal Tournament
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 10:50:38 AM »
I'm having issues installing the utdemopatch348

it says "The expected version of Unreal Tournament Demo file system\botpack.u was not found on the CD-ROM drive.
Please verify that the proper CD is in the drive

so yea not sure what to do
Same Problem here, anyone knows why?

Also, I have some FTP mirrors:

Playable demo v348 for Win32

Full demo v338 -> v348 patch

Retail v436 patch (no delta) for Win32

Hey dm, when you're going to open the server? Just remember that i'm noob on this UT thingy.

Offline Brazilian Fan

Unreal Tournament
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 03:04:18 PM »
I've resolved this issue: Just download this modified file instead of the original patch file

Here

NOTE: Maybe this will only work if you have EVERY file inside the UTDemo auto extracting file.

Good Luck

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Unreal Tournament
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 05:00:17 PM »
If you dont want to do that, you can also get around this by getting my compressed UT directory since its fully patched, etc. If you want it, ask me on IRC.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 05:03:10 PM by dm-horus »

Offline Brazilian Fan

Unreal Tournament
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 05:51:28 PM »
Can you host your directory on an external server and post here the link?

You see, downloading from mIRC would take a very long time...

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Unreal Tournament
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 08:09:21 PM »
If i knew of somewhere other than OPU to host it I would.

Offline Brazilian Fan

Unreal Tournament
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 06:32:56 AM »
Ok:

Media Fire
Rapid Share
MiHD
Turbo Upload
MegaUpload

Suit Yourself    :P

EDIT: What's the size of your ut directory?

EDIT 2: How do I install the MOD?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 10:12:24 AM by Brazilian Fan »

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Unreal Tournament
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 10:55:06 AM »
Regular installation size is 700MB, after 2 months my UT dir is 1.7GB however when compressed it is about 850MB.

What mods? Most add ons to UT are through the use of UMOD files which install themselves. If not, most mods and mutators are simply copied to the system folder. Anything with utx file extension go into the textures folder, umx goes to music, etc. Most mods also have basic instructions. I have all the major mods, mutators and conversions in my directory. I will also continue updating my uploaded directory to include the latest files.

Simple trick: Once you get UT, find a good multiplayer server that has no kickidlers mod (it kicks you off the server if you stay idle) and just sit back with the sound and monitor off. Leave it overnight or even longer and next time you check you will have a substantial horde of mods and mutators! Make sure you have UT Cache Cleaner. It places all downloaded files in the proper directories so you can use them, otherwise they are compressed into .tmp files that the game only uses when playing multi and cannot be configured or played with in this state. Cache cleaner fixes this.

I did this to prepare for the directory upload.

-----------------

Sorry guys, if you want the directory youll have to do it in person on IRC. Im not posting this on OPU or any other file hosting. Thats just how it is. If IRC isnt okay with you, get Skype.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 10:59:11 AM by dm-horus »

Offline Brazilian Fan

Unreal Tournament
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 02:39:25 PM »
After I patched UT with the 436 nodelta patch, I get this error when I try to start the game:

"Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file for package 'Female2Voice'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine"

EDIT: I'm downloading every file missing here

Also, I have a link to download the Cache Cleaner.

NOTE: When downloading the cache cleaner, a page may appear with a countdown. That's because their servers are full, wait some time. The page will refresh automatically until you can download (2 minutes max.)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 06:16:52 PM by Brazilian Fan »

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Unreal Tournament
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 06:48:36 PM »
This is getting more complicated than it has to be. Cache cleaner is hosted on hundreds of sites since its a pretty necessary part of having UT. Ive got the executbales of any mutator or mod youd ever need. Theyre small, ask me if you want them. Topic closed.