Author Topic: Single-player Colony Map Template?  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Yami310

Single-player Colony Map Template?
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:53:50 AM »
As the topic title staes. Does someone have a single-player colony map template?

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 08:10:34 PM »
There's not a whole lot you can do other than a blank template or you'd just be getting into specifics of a particular level. But it's only about 1 or 2 lines changed from the multiplayer template, so it didn't seem too worth while to include both. Just use the multiplayer template and change the multiplayer game type to colony.

Topics such as AI are a little too involved to really get into a template. Even base layout doesn't really fit since most levels have differenty base layouts from other levels. Same with resources. If you want more than a blank template, than just make the same change above to an example level and make it a colony game.

Offline Boar

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 03:36:59 PM »
I really could use a template code in code block readable format so i can edit them. A colony builder with a least some objectives. I think I am going to use this with the green world map. The reason I could use something like this is beacuse i dont know anything about how the program works, so if i could have a template with just some simple objectives (achive population size would be nice and a few others if you could add them). I think that woudl be about it.

If you know of some easier ways to creat the dlls or a way to view the current dlls i have (even if i cant edit them) tell me. Espessialy if it would save you some time.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 04:08:18 PM »

Offline Boar

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 04:25:41 PM »
*hold head in hands* Thanks, ow my brain...... Looks like i have some reading to do, ty for the files

alos i am abit confues on what tech trees to use

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:36:44 PM by Boar »

Offline Boar

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 09:22:44 PM »
where can we find some saple colonly levels and some sample conlonly lvl scripts

Offline Mez

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 07:31:54 AM »
--- Topics Merged ---

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 02:17:05 PM »
Just so you know, programming missions is very hard to do. I wouldn't be making them myself if I didn't know C++.

Anyway, multiplayer missions are much easier to make. You don't have to mess with saving data to use when the game reloads, and it doesn't use AI players. AIs are probably the most difficult thing to make by far. Everything about them has to be scripted. There is no standard op2 AI you can simply add.

I did post a topic with an example AI, but you will need to do lots of editing everywhere if you are going to copy it. AIs are just that way, you can't make a simple template.

Here's my topic: http://forum.outpostuniverse.net/index.php?showtopic=3233

Hint: use the wiki to answer your questions.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 02:17:49 PM by Mcshay »

Offline Nightmare24148

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 07:56:51 AM »
I jus wish the devs would have been more farsighted in that respect.
I look to see, in the mirror.

All I see, is that he is me.