Author Topic: Who Do You Think Is Supposed To Win?  (Read 24778 times)

Offline Nightmare24148

Who Do You Think Is Supposed To Win?
« on: December 26, 2006, 05:57:00 PM »
Playing through both campaigns, and reading the novellas, who do you think is supposed to the winner?

For example, even though in C&C the two campaigns have separate stories, both times, GDI is the winner.

I think Plymouth is the winner...what do you think?

If you need the novellas:
http://wiki.outpostuniverse.net/Category:Novella

BTW, this needs some work. The Epilogue is incomplete and its not supposed to be the same for both Eden and Plymouth...I remember very well something about Axen turning to the assembled survivors of Eden and Plymouth and leading them to hope.
I look to see, in the mirror.

All I see, is that he is me.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 07:00:30 PM »
I be leave the general consensus is that Eden is the one to launch the starship.
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline instigator

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 12:40:01 AM »
Actually, according to the story, Plymoth launched the spaceship. At the end of one of the stories Axen took over the command codes to Pymoths defenses with the help of his savant. He did this to keep a massive eden attack held back long enough for plymoth to launch their starship and escape.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 02:04:24 AM »
thats only the Plymouth novella, in the Eden version Eden is the one who launches.

There are 2 endings, he is asking which ending is considered canon, and I be leave it has been asked before and Eden won.
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Nightmare24148

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 07:57:22 PM »
Well consider (I just know these things off the top of my head and looking QUICKLY at the novellas again):

SIMILARITIES:
-Echo Van Dozier dies

-Axen Moon stays

-Brook Panati leaves

-There is a Resistance Group in Eden, opposed to the Masters

-The Eden Gene Bank is traded for more starship stuff(If I remember correctly)

-Borges dies

DIFFERENCES:
-Of course, Eden or Plymouth can win. Not both.

-In Eden, Echo dies in a fight. Whereas in Plymouth, she dies in the convoy to kill Ply.

-In Plymouth, Emma takes off. In Eden, she is left behind.

-In Eden, a Guard Turret/Axen kills Borges, while in Plymouth, Emma kills him.

Thats all I can think of for now. Ill def have more later :).

Offline Kalshion

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 02:45:06 AM »
It's tough really..

I feel Plymouth has a better chance of winning because they where more at peace with the planet. Where as Eden was pictured more as germany in WW2 (IE - they cared more about war than about there own people, evidence of that is the Thor Hammer.)

But that's just my view.

Either way, both sides could win, but Sierra never bothered to answer the question of which side truly deserved to win. Canon could be both ways, it just depends on your point of view.

Offline instigator

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 05:40:23 PM »
Wasn't there something in the campaign where Axen (or somebody) sent a convoy full of eden children to plymoths starship? Also the final craft that was launched from pymoth was that RLV that was stolen from the eden spaceport. so in a way... when plymoth got away, part of eden did. but when eden got away... pymoth was scorched...

Personally I liked the plymoth campaign story line. in both versions Axen was on emma's side trying to help out with things. I like the WW reference, thats how I thought of eden; the bad guys.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 05:41:51 PM by instigator »

Offline Prometheus

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 12:18:12 AM »
In the Campaign mode I've always thought of Eden as the bad guys.  After all, they were the ones who pushed ahead with terraforming and ruined relations between the colonies, not to mention creating/releasing the blight to begin with!  I know it was a "accidnet" but why create something you're not sure you can control?  Especially when you know that it could easily kill people!

Offline Nightmare24148

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 07:01:22 PM »
Well only Nguyen and a few...others like Axen were against the project the entire time.

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 03:06:35 AM »
Not only were Axen and others against it, they didn't even know that Nguyen was developing a super-microbe. That part they didn't find out until the explosion in the Hot Lab, and then in the reconnaissance missions that Eden and Plymouth both took to the original site of Eden.

Offline Kurgan

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 10:51:13 AM »
In the Campaign mode I've always thought of Eden as the bad guys.  After all, they were the ones who pushed ahead with terraforming and ruined relations between the colonies, not to mention creating/releasing the blight to begin with!  I know it was a "accidnet" but why create something you're not sure you can control?  Especially when you know that it could easily kill people!
Personally, I've always liked Eden. The Plymouthers were always a bit too... Hippy for me. Anyway, as two others have already pointed it, most in Eden had no idea the terraforming experiments were even going on. The "hot labs" were restricted to all but Nguyen and his crew. As was also said, Axen and others that DID know were against his project.
And you're all forgetting a side: What about the Eden Renegades? Though that could technically be the Plymouth storyline, I think they deserved more recognition than they managed to get.
Plymouths story was more gratifying, but I think Eden managed to atone in their own storyline by the end of the game, and even take down the "Masters", who were the "We're going to butcher all non-clones" people. The Masters were really the only people in Eden whom you could say were actually and truely "Evil".

And addressing more of the issue in Prometheus' post, Nguyen didn't even consider the possibilities of the Blight breaking down the bonds in a human body. You can say that he SHOULD'VE, but that doesn't change the fact that he didn't. They were certain they could control it.
You can also say that it was, indeed, Plymouth who destroyed inter-colonial relations by shutting down the only link between the two colonies: The Communications Satillite.
Besides, no one who's played the original Outpost can say that they didn't, at one time or another, mess around with Terraforming their planet.

Offline Exile

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 05:04:47 PM »
Agreed plymonth knocked out the comsat not eden true they shouldn't have been messing with that kind of biotech but it was nyugan(i think thats his name) pushing everything so far ahead and eden need i remind you did take plymonths children with them into space rather then leave them as blight fodder
"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains save both."

"The best form of welfare for the troops is first-rate training."

''Erwin Rommel The Desert Fox''

Offline Nightmare24148

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 07:39:55 AM »
And don't forget Plymouth is the one who converted their RLV program into ballistic missiles...

Offline Prometheus

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 02:53:06 PM »
Based on the campaign victory movies (after beating mission 12 ) I think that Plymouth is supposed to win.  Their victory movie is the one that mentions the bioptronic computers merging with the blight.

Agreed plymonth knocked out the comsat not eden true they shouldn't have been messing with that kind of biotech but it was nyugan(i think thats his name) pushing everything so far ahead and eden need i remind you did take plymonths children with them into space rather then leave them as blight fodder

Plymouth took Eden's children with them too.  Haven't you played the Plymouth campaign?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 02:56:20 PM by Prometheus »

Offline Giles_F_Ahrun

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 03:08:14 PM »
Well, I didn't finished OP2 yet or even read the novellas but in my oppinion Plymouth could be the winner. I was playing Eden's campaign and after playing it for a while I came to the conclusion that Eden wanted to play as God by trying to terraform New Terra (If God decided to make New Terra this way, why we, mortals, had to alter the planet?). And the Blight was the outcome of Eden's arrogance...

I think the ideal ending would be Plymouth escaping New Terra with Eden's children and women and letting the rest of Eden people die there.

Offline Brazilian Fan

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 06:20:38 PM »
I don't thing God has anything to do with that, you see, not everyone believes on Christian God, or any type of Superior Power (like me).

I suggest, for the good of the community, to anyone not include any kind of religion/belief reference or debate/flaming (MY GOD IS BETTER THAN YOURS thingy).

This is to make OP2/OP/Community neutral and not allied/supporting religion/non-religion or any thing considered outside common sense.

Sorry Giles_F_Ahrun, I'm not picking up on you  :heh:  

Offline Giles_F_Ahrun

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 07:28:40 PM »
All right ^_^ *nodnods*

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 04:03:19 AM »
I think Plymouth should win. They were against terraforming the planet. Soo.. They are the good guys :P
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline White Claw

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 08:22:14 AM »
Good might be a relative term. If you define win/lose based purely on original goals, then I don't think either side won because: Eden did not terraform the planet and make it livable for humans. Plymouth was not able to stay and live in harmony with the planet.

You can say Eden is bad because they relased the blight. But I don't think they intended it. And who is to say that mining the planet and building all those structures won't have some lasting scar on the planet? Although not as big of a threat or as immediate, it will still catch up at some point if humanity continued to grow.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 10:45:25 PM »
Well, no matter how you look at this, Eden is the colony with the superior technology.

Doesn't matter if you want to view Eden as the bad guys. They are quite a few steps ahead of Plymouth in technology, and the possibility that Eden are the colony to escape New Terra is quite likely opposed to the opposite scenario.

Come to think of it, Eden is actually more adapted to their world than plymouth is :lol:  
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 12:05:20 AM »
I think they both managed to escape.  Will all the resources used on structures and vehicles, both could have easily left the planet
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 05:29:37 PM »
True, though I'd still place my bet on Eden :P

Offline Brazilian Fan

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 07:07:31 PM »
I read somewhere that the planet only had resources for one and a third ship. So only one colony could scape

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 08:19:53 PM »
Yeah but of course in game all the mines have an infinite amount. Come to think of it, there aren't too many games that work like that.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 08:43:20 PM »
And it's a question about time.

Doesn't matter if you have an infinite supply of resources from a 1 bar. You will lose to the players with who can gather more resources in less time.