Author Topic: Outpost 2 1vs1 Tournament  (Read 12704 times)

Offline Leviathan

Outpost 2 1vs1 Tournament
« on: December 22, 2006, 02:18:24 PM »
Outpost Universe Outpost 2 1vs1 Tournament 2006/2007

Format: 1 vs 1
Race: Player preference
Scenario: Both players must agree on a scenario to play. If they can't agree then it defaults to Last one Standing
Map: Both players must agree on a map to play. If they can't agree then it defaults to Nostalgia.
Morale: Both players must agree for morale to be set to steady or to be on. If players can’t agree then it defaults to morale steady.
Day and Night: Both players must agree for D&N for be on or off. If players can’t agree then it defaults to D&N off.
Disasters: Both players must agree for disasters to be on or off. If players can’t agree then it defaults to disasters off.
Attack Mark: Both players must agree on a attack mark. If players can't agree then it defauls to no attack mark.
Build Mark (For Land Rush scenario): You should use mark 60 or 80 depending on the size of the map.

Default Settings:
Scenario: Last one Standing
Map: Nostalgia
Morale: Steady
Day and Night: Off
Disasters: Off
Attack Mark: No Attack Mark
Build Mark (For Land Rush games): Mark 60

How it works:
There will be rounds of matches. Everyone keeps playing until they have a finishing rank. If you win your match you advance into the winner’s bracket. If you lose your match you go into the loser’s bracket which are to determine your place in the tournament standings at the end. So the player who wins all games ends up with rank 1 and the player who loses all games ends up with the lowest rank.

We will play as many rounds as needed for the players that they are. With this format games should get played quickly and it gives everyone a chance to take part and not get knocked out right away.

Each Round:
Opponents are not set or chosen by us. You pick a player from the current pool to play with. This is so we can get the games played as quickly as possible and because we have many skill levels and this is the fairest method. If you are challenged you do not have to accept the challenge unless:
- We are nearing the end of a bracket or round.
- Admin’s have said that you must accept challenges so we can get the games played.
- There is no one else in the pool to play with.
We do this so you can find someone more on your skill level and who wants to play the map/scenario you wish to play.

Both the winners and losers tiers proceed in the same method. You play a game, win or lose you keep playing until you’re the only person in your pool. Your finishing rank is determined by this.

If we get a situation where there is an uneven number of players in a pool then each player must play two match’s vs two different players instead of the standard one.

Round 1:
We have starting pool of players, after round 1 match’s we then have a winner’s pool and a losers pool. At this point you are either in the winners or losers tier. Any players who have not turned up to play at this point may still enter but have to find someone in the starting pool to play with and then go into the respective pool after their match.

Round 2:
The players in the winner’s pool must play someone in the winner’s pool and the players in the losers pool must play someone in the losers pool. The players in the winners tier have to find someone in the winners tier to play with. If you win you then go into the next winners pool, if you lose you go into the next losers pool. Same happens for the players in the losers tier. We then keep doing this format until there is only one player in your pool.

Finals:
When there are 4 players left in the winner’s highest tier the 2 games played are the semi-final's. The winners play each other in the grand final. The losers play in the loser’s playoff to determine who is rank 3rd and 4th. In the losers highest tier the last two players play in the losers final. For the grand final, semi-final, losers playoff and losers final a best of 3 games must be played for the match to determine a winner.

Example:
Click here for picture 1

Here is a example with 16 players with 4 rounds. Remember player 1 does not have to play player 2, they can play anyone in there current player’s pool.

This is what match's are played in each round:

Round 1
Round 1 we have all the players in the staring pool playing to determine if they are in the winers or losers tier.
Round 2:
- Players in winners pool play
- Players in losers pool play
Round 3
- Winners tier round 2 winners play (Semi-Finals)
- Winners tier round 2 losers play
- Losers tier round 2 winners play
- Losers tier round 2 losers play
Round 4
- Winners tier round 3 winners play (Grand Final)
- Winners tier round 3 losers play (Losers Playoff)
- Winners tier round 2 winners round 3 winners play (for rank 5 & 6)
- winners tier round 2 losers round 3 losers play (for rank 7 & 8)
- Losers tier round 3 winners play (Losers Final)
- Losers tier round 3 losers play (for rank 11 & 12)
- Losers tier round 2 winners round 3 winers play (for rank 13 & 14)
- Losers tier round 2 losers round 3 losers play (for rank 15 & 16)

Reporting:
Both players must report the match to an admin. You must report the scenario, map and race’s you played. If you played multiple games you must report the details for each game.

Rules:
- You must play the same colour in-game throughout the tournament. If there is conflict one of you must use your secondary colour in-game. You must use the same secondary colour throughout the tournament.
- You must report the match result ASAP via IRC (if admin is present) or forum pm.
- No cheating (not that you can), but we mean forceing a disconnect from a game.

Misc:
All results will be posted on the forum. Please don’t play another match until an admin has posted results on the forum and confirmed your next pool/match.

You may at any time if you and your opponent wish play best of 3/5/7 games.
As long as both players agree to it you can play more games. For instance your first game may have been close or you both just want to play all the scenarios.

Your allowed max of 3 disconnects from a game, after this the game win goes to your oponent.

Once you start a match with a oponent you cant start another with someone else. For example you were going to play best of 3 games and you played 2 games then your oponent had to go. You cant start another match with someone else from your pool.

Admin’s word is final.

Please take some screenshots as you go.

Have fun!

Signup:
Please all users PM me with the following: Location (Country), time zone, first and second colour preferences.

Fair?
Understand?
Happy with this?
Do I get a cookie?

Thanks
Leviathan
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 02:17:39 AM by Leviathan »

Offline Tellaris

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 12:59:26 AM »
I must add that Baikon = Tellaris.   Just fyi.
And what about the team versions that where proposed?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 12:59:50 AM by Baikon »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 01:25:07 AM »
lol i dind't even apply, but i got in.. never mind... a little play won't hurt!

LOL the team version fell into water.. very murky waters....

If i rember exactly... I was supposed to lead OP2 League?

Dm-horus was I?

Hmm... if I was i'm happy to re-onounce The League!
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 02:12:45 AM »
I hope Horus will be running his as well :D

But as im sure I will be online over the next few weeks im happy to run one also :D

Xmas is sure close now :D

This tournament starts as soon as I get some players!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 11:56:17 AM by Leviathan »

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 06:30:53 AM »
PLAYERS PLEASE NOTE

This tournament is a completely seperate event from my winter tourney. Users who applied to the winter tourney will have to confirm whether they will be participating in THIS tournament or not.

My Winter Tournament has been cancelled so that Levi's tournament (this one) can go through.

I will not be awarding prizes in this tournament. If there are prizes, they will be courtesy of Leviathan. I will not be involved in this tournament so that I can plan (reschedule) my tournament for February, in which I WILL be awarding prizes.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 06:38:16 AM by dm-horus »

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 07:09:50 AM »
Hopefully we can run Horus's tournament at the same time as another reunion! :D

Please everyone if you can play then sign up. We need as many players as possible. Everyone is welcome :D

Offline RockNavator

• http://www.rocknavator.outpost-universe.net
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 07:46:52 AM »
Hopefully we can run Horus's tournament at the same time as another reunion! :D

Please everyone if you can play then sign up. We need as many players as possible. Everyone is welcome :D
Sign me up! Now that OP2 works as does Ham, I am back at last! Can't wait to get pwned by some noobs! WooT Woot!

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 02:52:41 PM »
Levi, my tournament will be happening without interruption by any other event. Please respect my project next time.

Offline instigator

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 04:00:03 PM »
Hey I would do this, but when is it? I have limited internet access right now because i'm on christmas "vacation."

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 04:30:26 PM »
Its from today untill it finishes.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 05:33:44 PM »
It has started! You can play anyone in the starting pool for your round 1 match.

Rules/Information: here.

Signups: here.

Standings: here.

Questions? Post them here.

To signup forum pm me. If you can play Outpost 2 please take part! There is no set time you have to be online. Its an on-going tournament and everyone is welcome.

Report matches to me via forum pm.

Thanks.

:D

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 02:29:02 AM »
Got 15 signups now and the first game has been played between RockNavator and Starfox00000 :)

Please find someone to play from the list and play them!

Ive added PM links to the signups page so its easy to PM people to ask them for a game.

Thanks.

:D

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 02:42:12 PM »
Come on guys! Get some games played and report them to me via forum pm!

Prize up for grabs:

Half Life 2: Episode One

Offline wizisi2k

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 07:39:05 PM »
if that's the prize I am glad I am not winning as I already have the game registered to my account in steam.  Now if you made the prize HL1 EP2 that would be a different story in my wanting to win...

Offline instigator

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 12:02:46 AM »
there is a prize!? cool! i need to practice more.... XD

btw i like the skin levi, i got the same one ;)

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 02:18:11 AM »
Come on guys! Get ya games played :P Find someone to play and battle away!

You can still signup so if you haven't please do. All are welcome and we need as many people to play as possible! You don't have to be good to have fun and take part.

The tournament is at no set time so if you can make it online to play now and again then please take part :)

We have 33 signups now! Signups :D

5 games played so far for the round 1 matches.

Remember if you lose a game your not out! You keep on playing.

TH300 made a utility to make it easy for us to take screenshots. Check it out:
wiki.outpostuniverse.net/Screenshot_Utility
You can use this to take screenshots of your games then send me the best ones.

I like the skin mainly because of the laser lynx :)

Offline Quantum

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 08:14:12 PM »
Awesome I hope I didn't miss out can I still sign up if so please PM me with the info

Thanks
This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 08:17:41 PM »
Awesome I hope I didn't miss out can I still sign up if so please PM me with the info

Thanks
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 04:18 AM
Please read the darned "last post" date before you post.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »
Yes lol. Like all tournamnets we have tryed to do here they have never finished.

We have small amount of players and smaller amount of players who want to play in tournaments :P

Offline zanco

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 08:05:09 AM »
Wow, this is sad.
Okay I want to play ... wait a minute, I am the only one who wants to play, so I win by default. Zanco` Does it again!

Now I want this Half life dvd :P

I think another way of making people play would be to send out newsletters (like you used to). They are quite effective indeed.
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 09:51:57 AM »
I would but the other admins have disabled me being able to do it. I cant use the admin on the forum so I cant mass mail. The last newsletter I did I think never got sent and that was months ago. And they wouldnt send it for me..

Offline Quantum

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 10:52:45 AM »
Who are the OTHER admins! :P  
This conversation did not happen, the gun that I have in my hand is not real and the Presidents book does not exist.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 11:16:14 AM »
op2hacker, galactic77

Offline Quantum

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 12:10:50 PM »
How did they become admins?

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 04:51:16 PM »
op2hacker was a admin on the old forum before we moved it here and galactic77 is our web host and is now a admin.