Author Topic: Emp Missle Theory  (Read 12274 times)

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Emp Missle Theory
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2006, 07:29:49 PM »
People need to stop whining when others use missiles. They are only using missiles because you let them get far enough along to build a spaceport.
Maybe we don't want to play superrushes.

And meteor defenses tend to act very stupid. Plus, that's only good for defense. It's virtually impossible to go on the offensive against a mass missiler.

Offline Sirbomber

Emp Missle Theory
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2006, 07:54:48 PM »
As usual. If they can't learn, they'll learn the hard way (be punished by one of the ops).
Well forgive me for actually enjoying the darned game you all say is so great but (for the most part) do nothing to show you actually care about it.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Emp Missle Theory
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2006, 09:08:29 PM »
Calling someone a noob for playing the game a certain way is hardly a show of good sportsmanship. You might enjoy that but everyone knows the other players necessarily won't.

Offline Aldair01

Emp Missle Theory
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2006, 03:10:38 PM »
I am reminded of a game I played a few days ago. It was a 3v3 and I had to leave halfway through. I can't remember what the teams were but I do remember fox and I were having a missile duel with him having 4 spaceports and my having 5 (with #6 on the way). I think it was Tellaris that was on my teams and kept trying to attack Arklon who happened to have his common ore smelters at the fron of his base which is where he parked most of his tanks. In preparation for a nova rush, I saturated his front lines with missiles. The targets included tanks, missile defenses, and a few smelters that had tanks parked all around them. I was instantly labled a "n00b that emps smelters" and enjoyably missiled his agridomes before I had to leave 20 minutes later.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Emp Missle Theory
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2006, 03:23:06 PM »
I am reminded of a game I played a few days ago. It was a 3v3 and I had to leave halfway through. I can't remember what the teams were but I do remember fox and I were having a missile duel with him having 4 spaceports and my having 5 (with #6 on the way). I think it was Tellaris that was on my teams and kept trying to attack Arklon who happened to have his common ore smelters at the fron of his base which is where he parked most of his tanks. In preparation for a nova rush, I saturated his front lines with missiles. The targets included tanks, missile defenses, and a few smelters that had tanks parked all around them. I was instantly labled a "n00b that emps smelters" and enjoyably missiled his agridomes before I had to leave 20 minutes later.
Except that missile you launched didn't even get any of my tanks (didn't even have a chance, and if you were trying to get my tanks, you wouldn't have launched there, because even if it did get some, it would be very few), you launched it right in the middle of the smelters (NOT on my tanks), and there weren't any tanks there WHEN you launched the missile, either.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 03:40:10 PM by Arklon »

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
Emp Missle Theory
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2006, 05:28:45 PM »
Can we go ahead and lock this topic? It's been argued over too long.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Emp Missle Theory
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2006, 05:34:42 PM »
yea I agree, its degenerating into a flamewar
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Emp Missle Theory
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2006, 03:56:17 AM »
McShay.. after all my years of playing I have yet to see a player working 3+ Spaceports in a multiplayer game.

I sincerely doubt it would last that long, even if you play to mark 2000, 6 spaceports are a bit much ;)
okay, now I know which of the older players I haven't been in a game with yet  :P

On la corr, it is VERY easy to mass-missle.  In one game, I hadseven space ports up, all building missles while I was panic-producing tigers for defence (had a swarm of emp + Thor tigers from an opponent heading towards me).  Fired missles 1 after another in acircular pattern aroundthe army, and had more than enough ore to build anouther round and keep up my tiger production.  The bottleneck saved me on that game, heh

and MD have a lot of issues.  If you have 2 too close to eachother, they can't hit anything (I learned this on the eden campeigne.  I huge meteor was hading right between two MD's, both fired, both missed)
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names