Author Topic: Dirt Model  (Read 3194 times)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Dirt Model
« on: October 24, 2006, 09:02:26 AM »
This is my progress so far on skinning the Plymouth DIRT model that Stormy lent me.
I would say it is about 90% complete and consider this version 0.1.

The texture is only 33kb uncompressed. I made everything by hand in photoshop using paintbrush and fill.

After I figured out how to work with UVW's, I set about applying textures and rendering them to a model. It took 6 hours to make the texture and figure out how to apply it to the model without distortion or clipping. After the first 3 hours things made enough sense that progress became easy and I was rapidly adding major elements to the texture. Eventually it came down to tweaking minor details and tying everything together. The texture seen in the above render likely wont change too much, but I am still working on it. Now that I have my pallete setup and the process streamlined, I should be able to crank out one model skin per day.

I used a screenshot of the Plymouth DIRT from the tutorial map as a guide and took artistic license wherever I felt like it (its a demo).

DIRT model by Stormy n' Friends.

Now its finally time to sleep! Oh, wait....  B)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 11:11:58 AM by dm-horus »

Offline Leviathan

Dirt Model
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 10:27:07 AM »
Looks quality. Nice work! :D

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Dirt Model
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 06:13:24 PM »
Thanks. I dunno what the engine supports, but Id like to see it with some bump and specular tbh.

Offline White Claw

Dirt Model
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 06:22:34 PM »
Looks sweet. You guys are really putting in some quality work.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Dirt Model
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 06:42:47 PM »
Just so you know, I dont work on Genesis. I just volunteered to skin a Genesis model. Im not a part of their team.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Dirt Model
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 12:14:07 AM »
hehe looks good i still say its looks like a damn ufo lol