Author Topic: Hey!  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Robin

Hey!
« on: October 03, 2006, 07:36:01 AM »
Hello everyone! I'm one of those guys who uh... search through the old game-rack a few times a year and try some old stuff again. Yesterday it was Outpost 2 once more. I'm not at all an OP veteran, just played it a few times actually, never finished a campaign or played in multi, but i like it alot though. Kinda cool with a community like this! Not every day You come along an old game-forum which actually still is active.

I have some wonderings about Your OP2 download here. I've been looking for "officcial-officcial" patches for this game but haven't found any. So this must mean You've created all new updates by Yourselves, right? Should i, in this case, uninstall my current original OP2 and install Yours?

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Hey!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 09:46:44 AM »
Welcome :)

The version on this site has all the old updates as well as some fixes and other updates.  I see no reason for you to uninstall your CD version (I have a copy of every version on my other computer), but you can if you are worried about disk space.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 09:46:55 AM by CK9 »
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Hey!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 01:52:13 PM »
You will have to use our version if you wish to play multiplayer with us. However, as CK9 already mentioned, you can keep your CD version around if you wish to have it.

As far as our version goes, it doesn't contain any movies or music. If you want to have movies / music when you play do one of the following:

- Insert the CD when you play, or
- Go to the outpost2\ directory on the CD, and copy op2.clm, music1.wav, and all .avi files to the OP2 installation folder.

Welcome, and hope to see you on IRC sometime! :)

Edit: and no, they aren't 'official' in that Sierra / Dynamix or anyone like that released them. All patches beyond the 3 scenario packs that Sierra released on their website were done by the community.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 01:53:28 PM by op2hacker »