Author Topic: Ore  (Read 5149 times)

Offline Skydock Command

Ore
« on: September 17, 2006, 01:17:52 PM »
Since ore is the most valubale thing in the game,(besides colonests) why not have a mint building and have them pound ore into coins. (just so no one EVER EVER sugests money this I put this here) (note: other ideas are welcome about how to use the ore)

There is no money at all. Everyone has stick to his job and just do it because everyone know that if you don't do your job then you and the colony are doomed. If there is money then the morale will drop considerably because there is only about 1000 people on the planet.

Resources are limited and the only reason why morale doesn't drop to 0 is that everyone is in the same situation. If someone got more without working more (that is exactly what money causes), people would become dissatisfied and morale would drop.

Savant Computer: Communications link established.
Skydock: This is Skydock Command. We have received your message.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Ore
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »
this sounds completely useless and the idea for currency was already talked about and it was a bad idea as well.

Coins = money

you wouldnt waste ore on such things.  Just because its valuable dont mean you going pounding a bunch of coins at some mint.  It would be just as useless as the wares fact.

Offline Skydock Command

Ore
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 05:16:09 PM »
Good point. Any other ideas for ore at all? Like trading ore for goods or something?

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Ore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 09:35:52 PM »
you can trade ore for goods already using the trade center. load it into a truck and send it.

This idea may complicate the game too much... also, Freeza-CII is right on all counts about the money.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline Leviathan

Ore
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 03:45:39 AM »
ore metals is the money in the game.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Ore
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 01:18:55 PM »
Since ore is the most valubale thing in the game,(besides colonests) why not have a mint building and have them pound ore into coins. (just so no one EVER EVER sugests money this I put this here) (note: other ideas are welcome about how to use the ore)

There is no money at all. Everyone has stick to his job and just do it because everyone know that if you don't do your job then you and the colony are doomed. If there is money then the morale will drop considerably because there is only about 1000 people on the planet.

Resources are limited and the only reason why morale doesn't drop to 0 is that everyone is in the same situation. If someone got more without working more (that is exactly what money causes), people would become dissatisfied and morale would drop.
1. How to use the ore: for vecs and buildings
2. of course coins are money
3. there is no reason to make coins (if you don't agree, give me one good reason)
4. Yes, money would be bad for morale. Well quoted from one of my posts.

Offline Sirbomber

Ore
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 02:40:07 PM »
They do have money anyways, it just doesn't come up much.
Read the Story and I think the SF's unit reference in the Help File.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Skydock Command

Ore
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 04:19:03 PM »

1. How to use the ore: for vecs and buildings
2. of course coins are money
3. there is no reason to make coins (if you don't agree, give me one good reason)
4. Yes, money would be bad for morale. Well quoted from one of my posts. [/quote]
 Why thank you. Your statment there that I quoted earlier is vary extremely well thought.

Sirbomber could you quote the part in the story? I read it three times Eden and Plymouth and didnt notice it.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Ore
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 05:02:30 PM »
"Do you have a ration credit?"
She dug in the pocket of her jumpsuit and pulled out a yellow plastic token.  She handed it to him.
He fumbled and seemed to drop it.  "Whoops," he said.  She didn't hear it hit, and assumed it must have gone through the grate floor of the catwalk.  "Not a problem," he said.  "I know how to get it back."  He reached behind her right ear.  She felt something, and when he pulled his fingers back, he was holding the token.

He followed this with a shower. Moon never seemed to lack for ration points of any kind.  Then he made his rounds of the colony.  The purpose of these rounds wasn't immediately clear.  Mostly he just wound his way through the crowded corridors and tunnels, watching everyone, but never making eye contact, rarely talking with anyone.

"A guy I know in the Agridome — Jix — makes it from stuff he cleans out of the grain processors after a run.  It's not on the ration inventory, and every once in a while he trades some for a favor."
"It's good.  I'm surprised you'd share it."  She made eye contact with him, and he caught a flash of suspicion there.

They have "ration credits." From the SF story, I assume it's some sort of credit-card type device.
When they have that, it doesn't make a lot of sense to start stamping coins.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 05:02:46 PM by op2hacker »

Offline Skydock Command

Ore
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 03:18:10 PM »
Thats true. I think that those ration cards are to give people the chance to get things at a ration level. Im asuming only once a day. But some people porbably have a higher ration count though.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Ore
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 11:10:34 PM »
I just dont see how this could help gameplay

I for one would hate it if the workers in my vec fact went on strike because poor wages, right when a bunch of tigers are barreling down on my base
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Ore
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 12:21:50 AM »
No money in the game money bad to much realism

Offline james239

Ore
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 10:06:26 AM »
I'm not sure money would be too much realism, I think it'd be more unrealistic to add money to the game, when you're struggling for survival, you'd have to be insane to add the complication of money.

Offline Skydock Command

Ore
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 04:04:12 PM »
I agree. No currency of any kind. We all agree to this?

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Ore
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 04:08:12 PM »
I thought we agreed on this like 7 posts ago

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Ore
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 04:53:19 PM »
topic closed then
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode