Author Topic: Lynx War Forum Game  (Read 23578 times)

Offline Chandler

Lynx War Forum Game
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 08:25:54 PM »
If at first it doesn't work - turn it on. If it still doesn't work, plug it in!

Perhaps an external HDD for daily backups, and DVD-Rs for monthly? Remember, I don't think you would be backup up your OS, just your stuff.

When I get a desktop, I'll have it either with 3 HDDs or 3 partitions - #1 = OS, #2 = Apps and #3 = Docs. Only then really need to backup #3, which would only get large with media, such as lots of pics, music or video - and those don't really change much - just get added to, so an incremental backup would decrease the need for excessive storage space (1 full backup, then each backup afterwards would only be the changes - ie and files that have changed, any new files, etc)
Chandler

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
Lynx War Forum Game
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 08:44:05 PM »
... until 100 discs later you find you need to restore it all. Then you stick the original one in, and start applying the incremental updates from the next 99 CDs. Not exactly a fun way to do things.

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Lynx War Forum Game
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 11:34:22 PM »
exactly hooman. Id rather keep rolling updates on one set of files than mess with hundreds of CD's. i used to do exactly that but i had a case box full of unlabeled CDs with all the same data on them.

but honestly id rather develop a flash version of this or something. i just dunno how to sync more than one player or create an instance that ppl can log into. if its anything other than a flash anim, i wouldnt be able to post it on the forum and that was kinda the whole point.