Author Topic: Map Not Refreshing?  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Steelion

Map Not Refreshing?
« on: August 20, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »
When I build a structure down on the second level, or any underground level, it doesn't update the illuminated area, so I can't build any further than the immediate surrounding area. of my tunnel/ airshaft.Help?

On another note, I was playing, and my economy seemed to stop. I could not build ANYTHING, not even tubes, and I had no idea what was going on. Can someone clear this up too? What did I do wrong?:'(  

Offline Sirbomber

Map Not Refreshing?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 08:50:06 AM »
The are doesn't expand because you need to manually set a robo digger to dig in the direction you want. OP2 isn't Starcraft where you "explore" to find more ground. Until you dig it out with a Robo Digger, it's all rock and dirt.

For example: You have the 9 tiles. The center is the elevator shaft. YOu want to expand north. You pick one of the northern tiles (above/right of the elevator), select a Robo Digger, set it down on the middle north tile (or I do anyways) and click north when it asks which direction to dig in.

As for why your economy stops... OP1 doesn't work right because they never finsihed it. Play OP2 instead.  :op2:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 08:51:45 AM by Sirbomber »
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
Map Not Refreshing?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 08:53:43 AM »
You need to keep track of your mines, trucks (if you don't have autotrucking on), smelters, storages, factories, people, food, warehouses, and make sure your robots have good power cells to keep your economy going. Make sure you bulldoze ground to build on too.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Map Not Refreshing?
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 10:44:11 AM »
and oh yea, remember to not let your factorys fill the warehouses with useless junk (like robot parts) because than if your field robots die, you are screwed
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode