Author Topic: Scheduling Games  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Leviathan

Scheduling Games
« on: July 30, 2006, 05:49:12 PM »
We were talking on IRC and we think we should schedule games so that people who want to play can play. Also some people cant play that often etc. We have wanted to do this before.

Post here if you would like to play and schedule to play games with people.

Offline Chandler

Scheduling Games
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 09:21:33 PM »
Count me in :D  
Chandler

Offline g2fieldy

Scheduling Games
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 07:26:41 PM »
here is my idea:

i think there should be 4 (or more) different "game times" that applies to each day.

for example:   (in whatever set time zone)  "noon, 3 pm, 6pm, and 9pm everyday are the best times to get games together")

since were all on different schedules (and time zones) having multiple meeting times would help get more people together.

..and even if set times arent practical for some people-  they can just request games like they do already, at random times.

its an easy way to keep it organized.

any input?

Offline Chandler

Scheduling Games
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 09:23:11 PM »
I like it :D
When we work out the times, put them up in GMT, so people can work them out wherever they are (I know I'm GMT+10 (AUS), but I don't know many others, including EU and US)
Maybe add a countdown to the bot on IRC, so that when people join it msgs them "Next game in ..." or At or whatever. B)  
Chandler

Offline Leviathan

Scheduling Games
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 03:32:59 AM »
good ideas.

come on, more people surly want to play regualy. plz post if u would want to schedual to play.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Scheduling Games
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 04:42:37 AM »
when i want to play i just wait till some one is playing and crash into there game and say muwhahahahahaha

Offline Tramis

Scheduling Games
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 01:32:43 PM »
i like the multiple game time idea.  Perhaps from time to time we can hold great big tourneys.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Scheduling Games
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 04:59:36 PM »
You should have it set to a specific time zone that is easy to convert from for game times (preferably one that is around the center of where we are)

I'd like to be able to play more, but i still need to find something better than Hamachi to use
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Chandler

Scheduling Games
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 06:32:08 PM »
You should have it set to a specific time zone that is easy to convert from for game times (preferably one that is around the center of where we are)

I'd like to be able to play more, but i still need to find something better than Hamachi to use
Hence my suggestion of posting the times in GMT - most people know their time zone - if you don't, just go right click on your clock and click "Adjust Date/Time", click the Time Zone tab and its all there (for Windows).

I myself haven't had any probs with Hamachi, but I don't really care what program we use, as long as it works and I can play :D
(I can't play over the net cause I can't forward my ports to the router - not my router)
Chandler

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Scheduling Games
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 02:28:58 PM »
I can't forward the ports on my router, don't know the admin pass (and my dad forgot it)

Hamachi doesn't work properly on my laptop.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names