Author Topic: Problem With Video...  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Gene Uberfuzzy

Problem With Video...
« on: August 07, 2006, 06:27:19 PM »
As stated before in my introduction I was really pumped about finding OP2 online but now I've run into a problem and was hoping someone could help. The game runs fine, except for the movies. When a movie tries to run the player turns white and says 'video not available, cannot find vids:IV41 decompressor.' I can play the movies in my standard windows movie player but they just won't run in game. Thanks for any help and I hope I'm not annoying anyone with my first actual post being a complaint/problem. I'll try not to let it happen often :heh:  

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Problem With Video...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 06:52:33 PM »
If you downloaded the one from us youll have to download the movies as well they should be here some where or you can get them off a OP2 CD if you happen to have one.

The Music and Moives where removed to save time in downloading

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
Problem With Video...
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 07:11:05 PM »
If you don't download the movies, they don't play at all (no error). However, if you need the codec to run them, you will get the error. Atleast i had a problem with the movies before and installing the codec worked for me. This would also explain why op2 was looking for the IV41 decompressor.

I uploaded the indeo folder from the op2 cd here.

Just unzip it to your op2 folder and run the .exe in the indeo folder.

Offline Gene Uberfuzzy

Problem With Video...
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 10:35:14 PM »
Movies still don't work but I don't mind. I've watched them before and they're neither interesting enough to worry over or important enough to bother with. Thanks a ton for taking the time to analyze my problem and post a reply! Talk to you all some other time in the forums or wherever.
     ~Gene Uberfuzzy