Author Topic: Mix And Match Op2  (Read 2011 times)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Mix And Match Op2
« on: July 18, 2006, 02:10:34 AM »
Ok theres alot of people flooding the forums with ideas. This is good. Ideas are good. Horus like.  (thumbsup)

But some people are drawing way too much from their non-op2 favorite games. Now I know Ive referenced some games for ideas, but only in their presentation NOT a direct 1 to 1 copy like some are suggesting.

People are saying things like "Lets take this thing in Warcraft 3" (thumbsdown)  or "Lets do research like this one obscure game" which:

1) Are not unique ideas (this isnt a bad thing until alot of these build up, which has happened)

2) Dont fit in with the rest of the game

3) Generally only sound like fun to the person suggesting the idea

4) Are not thought out beyond the reference

Im not trying to be an ass, but OP2 is DEFINATELY not going to have Vespene Geysers or Zerg or random research or anything beyond gameplay tweaks. I can say this with certainty because I am pretty sure everyone wants to play OP2, not a Frankenstein of a hundred mixed and matched games.

As for how much these ideas could be used in a sequel, I think people with ideas should make their suggestions to the design teams and see what they think. If it gets included in a game, good for you! Just remember that just because you think something would be really cool in a game doesnt mean everyone else would think so too.

Some people who have been making suggestions are doing a VERY good job in their whitepapers and idea structure. Keep it up and take an example from those who do. Outlining your idea in a clean and easy to read manner makes it much easier to understand and critique. Also, idea posters should remember that if you put your idea in a public forum it WILL get criticised even if its good.

So in summation: Nice job writing up your ideas. Most of the ideas would never ever work in OP2. Some of them might work in a sequel. No Zerg on New Terra. Keep tryin'.

;)  

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Mix And Match Op2
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 03:36:09 AM »
He means OP3 so dont correct him i beat you to it

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Mix And Match Op2
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 03:46:21 AM »
freeza gets a gold star!

/gold

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Mix And Match Op2
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 10:04:23 AM »

^ as close to gold as you're gunna get
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names