Author Topic: Help!  (Read 1469 times)

Offline ultimataius

Help!
« on: June 06, 2006, 02:09:19 PM »
okay, im making my own map, but they dont work, and it doesn't appear on the colony games, but my map(s) aren't there. also, how do you add the AI to the map? help, please? im not used to programming with, like, C and C++ and all that stuff. :(  :'(  
The Mind is Stong, but unless You Know how to control the Body, the Mind is useless to All...

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 02:50:12 PM »
Well, first of all, in the DLL code, check the map name and techtree name to be sure that they are correct. (The map name should be the filename of a working mapfile. If you're making a colony game, the techtree should be "MULTITEK.TXT").

Next, go to the DescBlock, you'll probably see something like MultiLastOneStanding. Change this to Colony (capitalization is important). This part simply tells the game what type of mission yours is.

Now go to compile. You should get a DLL named OP2Script.dll. Copy this to your OP2 folder (along with the .map file) and rename it so it starts with a 'c' (for colony game). Also, the filename (not including .dll) has a max of 7 chars (including the 'c'). Now start op2 and your map should be listed.

OP2 will only list missions in the colony games which meet the following two conditions:

1. The filename starts with a 'c'.
2. The mission type in the DescBlock is set to Colony.

As for AI, you'll probably want to learn at least basic C++ to get started with this. There is no 'default' AI that you can add to your mission like most other games have. (OP2 doesn't have a real AI, any AI has to be part of the mission code).

Hope this helps!

Offline ultimataius

Help!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 01:20:30 PM »
thanks! i'll try it and hope it works, if nothing goes wrong :D  (thumbsup)  
The Mind is Stong, but unless You Know how to control the Body, the Mind is useless to All...