Author Topic: Mini Command Center  (Read 1853 times)

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Mini Command Center
« on: March 19, 2006, 05:25:17 PM »
Mini Command Center

Originally proposed by Mez

Related ideas:

- Mobile Command Center
- Communication Posts
- Robo/Seed Coloney

Description:

Can supply ~4 buildings with tube connection. Can only be built with normal CC operational. Will still work, when all normal CCs are destroyed. Can be upgraded to normal CC (with rare metals perhaps).

Edit: Mez - updated my name on the link
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 07:05:26 AM by Mez »

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Mini Command Center
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 04:09:58 AM »
If it can sustain 4 buildings how it is mini. that would mean it would have a power outpout 4 times as much as a regular CC.  I think a mini CC wouldnt provide power to any thing but just provide connectivity to buildings.

Offline Jgamer

Mini Command Center
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 09:38:22 AM »
Freeza, I think he meant it's control capacity tops at 4 buildings. It's not that it generates any power, it just provides control.
That would be nice if the thing a lot faster to build and produce, but i'd still stick to a normal CC (because the other buildings are going to take around the same time to be built anyway)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Mini Command Center
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 09:48:16 AM »
theres no such thing as a 'mini' cc. command centers get their name because they are a hub and anything that isnt a hub couldnt be called a cc. if it is small, you could call it something like "operations center" or something else but def not cc but enough semantics...

it would be interesting to have a smaller command structure that is cheap, doesnt require as many workers or scientists but as a penalty doesnt provide power. this would definately expedite multiplayer games and help you build forward resource operations. it should not be mobile as anything with command capacity would have to be massive and wouldnt work within the story or even structure of the game. remember the size of the doorways on the vehicle factory and garage? the colonists build by modular designs. building a single, one-off unit that could never be brought in for service goes against the nature of the humans on new terra. therefore a building would be best for this unit.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Mini Command Center
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 05:50:42 PM »
building a single, one-off unit that could never be brought in for service goes against the nature of the humans on new terra. therefore a building would be best for this unit.
What about spiders / scorpions? You can't really service those.

Perhaps you could be selective as to what type of buildings it could supply. For example, perhaps it can only supply ore facilities or something like that. That prevents the player from building 100 of them and building some massive assault base with few resources.