Author Topic: Halo 3  (Read 3550 times)

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Halo 3
« on: May 11, 2006, 02:43:18 PM »
Frankly I cant wait, Bungie is awesome

I just want to see what other people think of it
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline siqueule

Halo 3
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:02:27 PM »
I did not know that they will create a third halo  :blink:  
attention! ne mets pas tes mains sur la porte: tu risques de te faire pincer très fort
warning! don't put your hand on the door: you risk to be grip very strong

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Halo 3
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 06:27:24 PM »
http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?l...lo3Announcement

there you go, download the trailer, its awesome
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline Sirbomber

Halo 3
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 07:23:05 PM »
Meh.  :yawn:
Halo = Watered-down n00b version of Tribes 1/2.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Halo 3
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 01:54:03 AM »
Tribes 1/2 = watered down version of half life.

but ya, halo 3. its not that it looks awesome, but anyone whose played the other two pretty much HAS to get it. especially with the evil cortana thing happening. i doubt it will be the blockbuster the sequel was but it will (hopefully) finish the story. thats what im waiting for.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Halo 3
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 02:40:10 PM »
half life, waterd down version of doom

doom, watered down version of duke nukem

duke nukem watered down version of astroids

astroids water down version of pong

pong watered down version of tennis

tennis watered down version of throwing a rock

so, as you can see by my inescapeable logic all games are watered down versions of throwing a rock at somone

cause theres nothing more fun than watching them hit the ground like a bag of hammers

BAM!!!

Offline Sirbomber

Halo 3
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 05:16:41 PM »
Your logic is flawed! Outpost 2 is anything but watered down! It's 200% OP2, 0% suck.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Halo 3
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 10:53:44 PM »
Halo sucked Halo2 was Halo witha new noob weapon so it sucked more Halo3 will still suck it will just look good at doing it

OP2 is good it doesnt suck

Halo also has a striking likeness to another game they made call Marathon 2 Durandal
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 10:58:13 PM by Freeza-CII »

Offline lordly_dragon

Halo 3
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 08:49:30 AM »
wow what a rather...constructive comment you had freeza... I could hear leviathan say it... op2 rulez other game suck.  Meh enyway about halo 3 I liked a lot the first two. I had a lot of fun playing the whole campaign with my friend then on x-box live we were doing team game and we were rampaging =). Sniper FTW. Can't wait to know the end of the story.

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline Gagagigo3

Halo 3
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 02:54:02 AM »
You know what i don't like of Halo, that Halo 3 is already pronounced [or something] but Halo 2 isn't out for PC yet. And YES we don't have an X-box or a PS, or a Gamecube, i have to do it with an DS and an computer. [****** those ********* parents and ******* screwing stuff with ******] sry for this language /\
Extinction is just the beginning.

Check this out, it rocks

Offline Gagagigo3

Halo 3
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 01:16:08 PM »
Hey guys, i you do not know the bungie page use this url's!!!

trailer in mediaplayer/quicktime: http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?l...lo3Announcement

screenshots from the trailer: http://www.bungie.net/Games/Halo3/gallery....eenshots&page=1
Extinction is just the beginning.

Check this out, it rocks

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Halo 3
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 01:40:14 PM »
It's a shame they have this huge story bible, yet they only include small portions of it in the games.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Halo 3
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 03:02:56 AM »
op2 = fun for an hour or two, but no multiplayer after that ammount of time = CK asleep at the computer

I sometimes end up pulling out my Playstation ((the original one, not the glamorized PS2) and playing Syphon Filter
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline thablkpanda

Halo 3
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 12:52:03 AM »
OMFG

I thought I was the only one that did that!

I f***ing LOVE syphon filter.

The original- I've never played the other ones...

I play it on my PS2 all the time- push Gran Turismo 4 and GTA:VC and 3 aside, and pull out the little jewel case...

-Chris

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Halo 3
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 02:30:24 PM »
dont forget that the marathon series was made by bungie. theres a couple halo baddies that appear in marathon often.

the only reason halo is so huge now is because it was hyped and latched onto by xbox fanboys. the game really isnt all that great. most other games do really well at a few things and has one or two things that REALLY suck about it. halo 2 is just all the same shade of mediocre. halo 3 will either be the same or theyll mess with the formula and suddenly one thing will be a major improvement and the rest will languish. unfortunately the cons are what everyone will remember.

anyway, i gotta get halo 3 just because of the story. but ill be damned if i buy one of those s***boxes just to do it.