Author Topic: Fuel Tanks  (Read 2337 times)

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Fuel Tanks
« on: March 19, 2006, 06:14:37 PM »
Fuel Tanks

Originally proposed by Stormy

Related ideas:

- RLV refueling

Description:

Seperate fuel tanks to decrease the danger caused by destroyed spaceports.
Connected to spaceports with new type of tube.

This is a good idea, because:

- makes spaceports more secure.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 06:33:50 PM by TH300 »

Offline Leviathan

Fuel Tanks
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 10:36:46 AM »
over complicated is not needed.

howevea this would make sence as it is a safety thing which possibley would be developed.

Offline omagaalpha

Fuel Tanks
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 11:34:47 AM »
Also if this was done would show that unlike new terra there not in such hurry to get out the planet.
Allow RLV fuel stock bigger qty, in fact maybe it not just fuel storage for rlv refueling but also is place where make fuel need for rlv.

Side note cool if fuel need some food or plants forum agriculture dome for fuel. :P
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 11:35:51 AM by omagaalpha »
Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Fuel Tanks
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 11:39:44 AM »
Actually all we'd REALLY need to do is have a structure called a "Fuel Tank". This would make the chances of destruction of the Spaceport without being attacked a lot less.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Fuel Tanks
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 02:59:20 PM »
A waiting time between launches Good.  How ever the fuel tanks no.  I dont want my space port to be blown up and not be attacked.  Plus you would have to assume that the  fuel tanks come with the space port that is why it makes a big boom.

Offline Chandler

Fuel Tanks
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 09:32:12 PM »
I like this idea but a few things.

Definately introduce a waiting time, no matter if we introduce fuel tanks. Its just not realistic that you launch your RLV with a Solar Sat, build another while its gone, and then launch the next AS SOON AS it lands...

If we do get the fuel tanks structure, does it necessarily need to be a different kind of tube connection? We don't have special tubes running from smelters/GORFs to storage tanks/production facilities.
Chandler

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Fuel Tanks
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 08:59:22 PM »
i think this is going overboard.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Fuel Tanks
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 10:39:45 PM »
Freeza, I think that the tubes would cut off the explosion.  If you have the fuel tank further away from the space port, its destruction would have no hp impact on the SP.  In fact, if I remember correctly, each tube section has emergeny "blast" doors that snap close the second any threat to the stability of the inside of the tube occures (such as the destruction of a building) which is why your AL only damages other structures when they are within a certain distance without wall protection.  Even a 1-tile thick wall was enough to severely decrease the damage caused.

Unless you are going to completely change how tubes work in the storyline, I think that this is a good idea
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names