Author Topic: Evac Trans Docking Bay  (Read 3525 times)

Offline Sirbomber

Evac Trans Docking Bay
« on: March 01, 2006, 03:21:22 PM »
A lot of people always said they want to be able to trade colonists, we should have a buildings for it... Before you load the Evac Trans you pick how many colonists go in (x kids, y workers, z scis, max 50) and maybe you even need to give them food and then they start dying if they run out.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Evac Trans Docking Bay
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 07:48:33 PM »
the docking bay should be on the command center, then you could have it so you need to transport colonists to new colonies you build shuch as mineing colonies.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Evac Trans Docking Bay
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 08:27:52 PM »
the docking bay should be on the command center, then you could have it so you need to transport colonists to new colonies you build shuch as mineing colonies.
You don't want to make the game too sluggish due to 32857 tiny details.

Offline Kalshion

Evac Trans Docking Bay
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 09:14:06 PM »
You don't want to make the game too sluggish due to 32857 tiny details.
But it WOULD make the game more realitic, like in the original Outpost, where when the rebel's finally gave up the only way you could actually keep the colony alive was to send food and colonists there (although to be honest with you, I concentrated more on my main colony and ended up turning the planet into a Coruscant :P)

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Evac Trans Docking Bay
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 02:08:08 AM »
More realism is not always good. OP1 is turn based and therefore it doesn't matter how much the player has to worry about. But OP3 is rts..
It could still work, though.

Afair this idea isn't new. I guess, its time to do something about it.

This idea has been posted here already.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 02:10:49 AM by TH300 »

Offline Skydock Command

Evac Trans Docking Bay
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 05:37:08 PM »
I think its a great idea to make the game more realistic. This idea is near the top of my list to do just that.
Savant Computer: Communications link established.
Skydock: This is Skydock Command. We have received your message.