Author Topic: Ingame Video Problem  (Read 1714 times)

Offline PTS

Ingame Video Problem
« on: February 25, 2006, 06:33:15 AM »
I've recently donloaded the Outpost 2 videos and just when I was planning to replay the campaign games I discovered that I can't view them ingame. When I try to play them in BS Player or Windows Media Player they run properly, but when I try to view them ingame I get a warning message telling me I don't have the proper codecs. I downloaded a version of  the codecs but when I try to install them I get a message thet I have e newer version. I installed them anyway but this didn't changed anything. Any suggestions?
Always looking ahead
Always thinking of the future

Offline Mez

Ingame Video Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 11:35:20 AM »
I can't comment officialy, but i assume that it will be due to a change in a dll file somewhere.  perhaps waiting for the next release of v1.3.4 or d/ling v1.3.3 and trying to view them in that.

Offline zigzagjoe

Ingame Video Problem
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 01:25:22 PM »
no, you need the indeo codec installed. its on a op2 cd if anyone would care to post it

ill try to dredge up a copy or somehting suitable

Offline heyyahblah

• Lounge Lizard
Ingame Video Problem
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 04:10:27 AM »
Hey,

Codes for Video

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Indeo_Codec.htm

Here guys, is the URL for the codecs. Click the link and download and install the indeo codecs, once installed the videos should play properly. Thats what I did and everything works perfectly fine.

TTYL --

P.S. -- if someone could read my other post about my problem, with the BLIGHT not showing up, would be much appreciated.

TTYL

Larry, Larry Laffer ... hehe

Offline PTS

Ingame Video Problem
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 04:57:49 AM »
I tried running the vids from v1.3.3 and I have the same error. Now I'm downloading the codec but it seems as I've already downloaded a file with the same  name but it's 200KB smaller. We'll see...

Edit: I just installed them with no warning popups and everything runs fine. Thanks, heyyahblah!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 05:11:31 AM by PTS »
Always looking ahead
Always thinking of the future

Offline heyyahblah

• Lounge Lizard
Ingame Video Problem
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 09:36:27 PM »
:D Excellent PTS, I'm glad to hear that it worked !!

TTYL
Larry, Larry Laffer ... hehe

Offline Vexhare

Ingame Video Problem
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 11:32:22 PM »
Thank you much!