Author Topic: Curious  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Vexhare

Curious
« on: February 21, 2006, 07:49:18 PM »
I wonder, how big is the community. We can look at members lists and all that, but I wonder how many people enjoy the content from the game or get on the ip server. It would be interesting to know.

Offline spirit1flyer

Curious
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 07:57:22 PM »
well I don't think there is a way,  But last thing I heard was people who have not made a post in the last year or so would be removed soon
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Leviathan

Curious
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 03:11:47 AM »
i would say no biger than 50 active or semi-active members.

we need to clear the members list again. its never been realisitc of the real amount of members we have. we delete accounts now and again to keep the list free of dead useless accounts.

its a shame the ppl who sign up and get deleted dont stay and post and become active :(

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Curious
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 05:51:46 PM »
i hope my fiends in my class become part of the community soon, they all seem very busy with school though

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Curious
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 06:48:02 PM »
I know this is a ver drastic measure, and I only say go with it if a LARGE percentage of the community agrees, but why not just back up all the posts, clear out the member list, and have everyone re-register?  Just send out an email to everyone informing them when it's happening, and anyone who wishes to remain a member of the community will re-register, which will clear out all the dead accounts.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Vexhare

Curious
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 07:39:02 PM »
That or we could create a post where you just post once if you are active... let the post run for a few months and delete anyone who doesnt post from the accounts section.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Curious
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 09:32:49 PM »
not good, some people get grounded for months at a time (like that time I was getting a C in high school chemistry (that teacher seriously hated me!  He marked problems I got right wrong, and then acted like he didn't relize it when I confronted him with my paper and someone else who got the same answer and was marked correct))
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline zigzagjoe

Curious
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 12:38:22 AM »
i think we should do no "purges" at all. even if they have only done small amounts of posting it still looks bad when you see unregistered next to their name, and some ppls dont frequent the forum too often.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
Curious
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 10:56:59 AM »
then what is your suggestion for the ones that are 100% inactive?
CK9 in outpost