Author Topic: Singled Out For Using Missles...  (Read 17723 times)

Offline Chandler

Singled Out For Using Missles...
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
Fact remains - don't want missile spamming, make it a rule of the game (along with BM/AM, etc)

It just barely possible to defend yourself against an army of Tiger Thors/ESGs. Try going on the offensive when the other player has an army parked outside your base, or your CC surrounded with starflare lynx.

If you have that much ore - you should already have a similar number of spaceports as them, or you should have a lot of meteor defense.

Scout rushing, whilst cheap, is quite legitimate. If they can afford to waste their ore on that many scouts, you should be able to afford a few Guard Posts to stop them.

I have played a game where EMP missiles were used a fair bit (not quite spamming). The other player couldn't shoot my Lynx RPG army because he couldn't see them (lights off). By the time he saw them, they were at his base, and the EMP also affected his units.
Chandler

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2007, 09:02:49 PM »
It just barely possible to defend yourself against an army of Tiger Thors/ESGs. Try going on the offensive when the other player has an army parked outside your base, or your CC surrounded with starflare lynx.
You can destroy an army parked outside your base. What you CAN'T do is destroy EMP missiles outside your base. Unless you build tubes and meteor defenses (which will get destroyed) all over the map. Dodging can only work when only one missile is launched... doesn't work when someone launches half a dozen at your army.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 09:04:04 PM by Arklon »

Offline Exile

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2007, 09:17:56 PM »
Arklon i'm not saying scout rushing isn't cheap man but it's just a tactic as i said before work faster. and alls fair in love n war but don't be mad at someone because they used the tactic on you and you got killed which i'm guessing is the case(no offense) as most people who say oh thats not fair about a move have often been killed by it or had it used on them besides if they send a scout rush at you but you destroy it thats a decent waste of cash stop complaining about the cheap rushs and own them and make em pay for using stupid crap
"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains save both."

"The best form of welfare for the troops is first-rate training."

''Erwin Rommel The Desert Fox''

Offline Mez

« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2007, 03:54:21 AM »
Why do you let your enemy get more than two spaceports in the first place?

If you give your opponent time to collect enough ore and do the research and build the spaceports, then in reality, you also should have got that amount of ore, If you are plymouht you could build spaceports yourself, if eden, you could build meteor defence, and still have lots of ore left over to build acid cloud, thors and EMP tiger weaponary.

I don't see any problems, eden has greater firepower and plymouth greater defence/disabling ability, in a long game!

Stop your whining and learn to play the game strategically

Missile spamming? Thats not spam its a tactic, that only happens because you let it!

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2007, 10:02:48 AM »
Mez  (thumbsup)

Arklon, I played against Starfox on La Corrida. By the time he was finished making all his spaceports and collecting ore, I had a more than adequate defense of my base..
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Mez

« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2007, 11:20:21 AM »
Mez  (thumbsup)

Arklon, I played against Starfox on La Corrida. By the time he was finished making all his spaceports and collecting ore, I had a more than adequate defense of my base..
And the defensive force, quickly became the offensive force (well knowing you it would of anyway)

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2007, 03:54:51 PM »
Mez  (thumbsup)

Yeah, and I just said it's barely possible to defend. And I recall that you said you had a problem going on the offensive.

Why do you let your enemy get more than two spaceports in the first place?
Pie Chart superrushes are old.

Offline Exile

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2007, 11:30:32 PM »
and any tactic is legit if it works

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2007, 11:52:42 PM »
Then the "Dan's dog can make more ore" tactic is legit too?

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2007, 12:51:35 AM »
The main thing is on big maps missiles can grind any assault to a halt

I was playing a 2v1 on root canal and before hand we agreed no missiles, I was on the lower left corner and they are at the very top

Before missiles were used I was able to breach their bases multiple times, but reinforcements generated were able to shut my attack down right at their cc

after many of these attacks being repelled, and me repelling their attacks, we agreed they could use missles (they were ply I was eden) after that, I couldn't do much more then hold up in my base and wait for their missiles to break through my defense so they could run a nova into my tigers, I tried attacking, but each time my offense was emp'd way before it reached their colony, and novas and others mopped them up.

on large maps like such with both players holed up with few constricted entrances even without an attack mark it is almost impossible to rush and completely succeed thus only our agreement kept them from using missiles, and then we agreed out of boredom

also just to clarify I didn't originally agree to a 2v1 match, my teammate quit and I'm a stubborn bastard lol
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Mez

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2007, 07:28:57 AM »
Then the "Dan's dog can make more ore" tactic is legit too?
They are a set of known cheats!

However it doesn't matter as they are disabled in the OPU version of the game

Offline Exile

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2007, 11:45:43 PM »
Key word being tactics arklon not cheats a tactic is a set of plans that can work to your advantage in a fair way(unless you do this by exploiting a bug) cheats give you a unfair advantage like 10k metals in a second however i seem to recall that in 1.3.4 cheats have been taken out so why talk about them?

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2007, 12:57:28 AM »
cheating is considered a tactic, but is often one that will lose you opponets.  Let's just say this: if it isn't a cheat, it's legit.

things that would be considered cheats:
1) codes (obviously)
2) trainers
3) intentionally breaking pre-arranged marks (build, attack, etc)
4) hacking (game or opponent's computer)

mass-missling is a strategy, and one that has been used for a VERY long time.  Some of us know how to defend against it better than others apparently, and that is no reason to try to ban its use.

Suggestion:
Don't play on maps that easily support mass-missling (la corr, flood, etc) if you don't want to deal with it
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Exile

« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2007, 01:16:16 AM »
And the crown is handed to CK9 for outstanding ownage in this topic (thumbsup)  

Offline Slaughter_Manslaught

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2007, 07:59:44 AM »
Wow, this topic is still alive?
It brings memories of a game with a lot of people. I think it was me, some guy plymouth near me, Starfox and Tellaris, I think. A nice FFA. When I discovered the guy's starports, I sent Supernova to blow both his spaceports. Everyone went laughing!! After that, we began a massive missile war, and only after a LOOOONG WAR I managed to barely defeat his army. A shame I had to quit to sleep after, it was a such great battle!

Offline Exile

« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2007, 05:13:08 PM »
Yeah nobodys posted here in ages

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2007, 06:43:01 PM »
Ugh, thread necromancy.
Someone needs to lock this, the thread's been dead and it should stay that way.