Author Topic: Emp Missiles And You  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Emp Missiles And You
« on: January 25, 2006, 08:52:47 PM »
Some people rely on the method of multi missiles to win a game.

Well we all know that eden can shoot them down.  How ever all the meteor defs fire at the same time  if the missile is dropped on the same location.  If this is done then missiles will get through your defence.  

How ever if you build 2 meteor defs side by side and have one idled, then things change.  When the first missle comes down it will be shot down.  it might shoot the second but that really depends on the interval of the missile launches.  When the first missile is destroyed activate the second meteor def and idle the first one.  Doing this will allow you multipul shots.  Because the idled meteor def hasnt fire it wont have to wait for a recharge.  

Just remember meteor defs need works and 100 power so be ready to build some power plants.

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
Emp Missiles And You
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 08:57:05 PM »
Wow, I would have never thought about that. Nice!

But, there is that silly targeting glitch to work around. If you build your defences next to your opponent's target, then all they have to do is target the defence building. I believe it has a 100% chance of impact.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Emp Missiles And You
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 08:58:51 PM »
Well i perfer the array/grid method that way you get more coverage and cross fire

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Emp Missiles And You
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 01:55:27 PM »
I have observed a 50% hit chance of an EMP-Missile in the center of a square of 4 meteor defences.
That means Meteror defences are useless.

Offline thablkpanda

Emp Missiles And You
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 02:07:41 PM »
LOL TH300, just shot down a good idea. (No pun intended)

I hate how people exploit the EMP Missle too. It's meant as an offensive counterpart, or a temporary disabling of your enemy, or sometimes even a retreat strategy, but not for building 6-9 spaceports, all ready to launch missles on your opponent's incoming fleet. That's complete overkill and absolutely no match for any Thors Hammer- so don't attempt to justify your rapid fire 'strategy' as that. It's an exploit, and it's a cheat IMO. I think Eden players should counter-attack with any and all exploits they need to use to win the game if this is what it comes to.

I'm speaking from experience, case in point when I played Starfox00000 yesterday. He exploited the exact Spaceport trick I mentioned, and I- out of ethical ramifications- decided against the Meteor Defense trick.

He beat my ass- plain and simple. My Thors/Acid/EMP army of roughly 200 couldn't take his ESG/EMP/RPG army of maybe 125. All because of the EMP Missle 'strategy' he employed. Using only three missles, he EMP'ed, and moved in on my group. Backed up, EMP'ed, moved in, backed up, EMP'ed, and moved in. After the third wave I had possibly 20 Thors Tigers left that he dispached quickly with his army of about 100. Then advanced on my base- however well fortified, that diminished his army to about 30. He never EMP'ed my base, which proves, to me, that that was the key to his success. My Acid Cloud GP's at the entrance, Thors and EMP's as you moved farther in, and a system of walls kept him barricaded and moving extremely slowly, sitting ducks really- which was what whittled him down so quickly.

Regardless- I'd like to see something done about this 'tactic' and no longer can players pretend that Eden is so much powerful than Plymouth that extraordinary measures like guerilla warefare tactics need to be used. I find it a discrace and an outrage.

It was a good game though- mark 1000.

Chris

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Emp Missiles And You
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 02:24:37 PM »
that is your thinking a even grid system that is spaced out evenly.  So no idea was shot down thank you very much.  its how but you space them for the grid system.  The array method is just placeing them around the object you want to protect and then a few through out the base.  Besides i shot down all 4 missiles starfox shot at me yesterday.

Now the doubling of the Meteor defs really should happen at the entrance and vec fact. because that is where the units are going to be.  

In truth there really should be some kind of mobile Missile def because a emp missile can be launched and land any where you have to build a tube out to a met def to get it to work and is offen destroyed.  Now i know you Ply people are going to get pissy about it but guess what Eden cant attack because they lose the def coverage and is wiped out so all they can do is defend.  You go defend yourself all the time and you lose no matter what.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Emp Missiles And You
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 03:31:45 PM »
Starfox likes to abuse EMP missiles by firing them at your smelters, which disables your cargo trucks, AND THEN you have to reset their ore routes too (and you have to do this every time your smelters are EMP'ed)! -_-

Oh, and never build guard posts. They use 10 units of power each and they make you get closer to your structure limit.

Near what should have been the end of the game, Fox was unloading all of his extra tigers he put in garages to cheat the vehicle limit and that crashed the game. <_<
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 03:32:21 PM by Arklon »