Author Topic: Hiya  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Ritz Grimarren

Hiya
« on: February 04, 2006, 05:58:43 PM »
Hello everyone.  Online, I go by Ritz Grimarren, although everyone calls me Ritz for short.

I've been a fan of OP2 ever since I played the Demo when it was originally released.  Great game!  (thumbsup)

As for me, I've been interested in game design since I was old enough to write down my ideas.  Thus, I am in college working for my BA in Game Art & Design.  Unfortunately this means I am somewhat limited on spare time, but I make due.  I've read through the posts for OP3 and I think it looks promising, but at this point I won't step forward to help regarding art and coding.  I don't have the time to devote to the project at this point.  :(

I do have a few ideas for an OP RTS/Simulation hybrid game that I've been roughing out over the past few days.  It is geared towards multiplayer with alliances/co-ops playing a large role.  We'll see how far it gets...  If the OP3 team is looking for ideas, I'd be willing to give some up, but only upon being asked.  I won't push them on them if they are not interested.

Offline Sl0vi

Hiya
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 08:23:05 PM »
Welcome! :D

You should come on IRC, we even have a channel for coding/game design. We have some very good programmers here I would say :D I'm sure you would fit in well with them. :)

Go to this link for how to join us on IRC:
http://www.outpostuniverse.net/irc.php

Also we are holding a reunion soon, 17-19th february. Where we play alot of outpost 2, and alot of projects are going to be released. If you have the time, I would recommend that you attend :D
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Hiya
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 12:40:05 AM »
Hmm, maybe, there might be a way for you to help out... I don't know though, can you show me some of your work? Even though you might not have time to help, I just want to see some of your work :). Just PM it to me or e-mail at stormy@genesis.outpostuniverse.net  
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline Leviathan

Hiya
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 08:25:02 AM »
Welcome :D

Glad u have come back to this great game and found our community :)

I hope you can help out with projects at some point. I suggest you start by making a OP2 multiplayer map in c++.

Cya on IRC and hopefully at the reunion :)

Offline Ritz Grimarren

Hiya
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 04:57:46 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome. :lol:

Hmm, maybe, there might be a way for you to help out... I don't know though, can you show me some of your work? Even though you might not have time to help, I just want to see some of your work...

Just FYI, I don't know much regarding coding and currently don't have a 3D modeler yet.  <_<   Most of the graphics work I've done are in Photoshop CS2, with a small amount of experience using Curious Lab's Poser 5 and Eon-Software's Vue 5 Esprit.

As far as the work I've done upon my concept OP hybrid game, currently it is all on paper with information regarding game mechanics, units and structures, technologies, some concept art, and an outline for the topics that the Game Design Document needs to cover.  I've only been working on putting the game concept together for a few days now, so I don't have anything digitally created.

I do have a unique structure idea that you might find interesting for OP 3.  I'll make a couple concept images with an indepth description and e-mail it to you within the next couple of days.

Offline Leviathan

Hiya
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 05:42:44 PM »
Post your work on the forums, no need to email :)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
Hiya
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 12:00:25 AM »
lol your name reminds me of that song about the ritz.   Welcome.   And what the hell does your sig say lol

Offline lordly_dragon

Hiya
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 03:59:53 PM »
this is latin i think.

welcome on board :) and welcome to the no sparetime club i'm quite busy these day too

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
Hiya
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 12:50:44 PM »
Its a mix of Latin and German and still, it is wrong.

Welcome to OPU, Ritz.

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
Hiya
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 04:13:57 PM »
It might be wise to post it in the think tank forum, in the correct subform of course :)

You don't NEED to buy a 3D modeler... here is the one that I use for all of my work. It's  almost as good as any commercial package out there today, such as Maya :). Blender Website
If you want to see what has been made with Blender/MS3D (I don't use MS3D really at all), check out the genesis gallery :).
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.